Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat magazine's review of the Lavey 2750

koolhand
    I don't know what the Hot boat guy's are talking about. I watched that boat keep up with their race boat in the delta and it looked pretty good me. I heard there is going to be a drawing at the LA boat show to ride in the 2750 race boat. You get to drive from Dana Point to New Port Beach and back. This boat won the 2003 POPRAS championship and took second at the apba world with no TABS and a first at the OS worlds in Key West. You don't win championship with a bad handling boat. It's funny Power Boat and Family & Performance Boating loved the boat. And every body knows Bob Teague is tough but honest guy. As far as for the guy that owns one and is having issues. Maybe you should talk to the 27plus other owners that love there 2750s. Theirs a 2750 at the river with 750 HP zooming at high speeds most of the time and he has one hand on the wheel and on hand on his beer. If it was a bad handling boat? I don't think he could do that at 80 plus.
    You can make some of the people happy some of the time and some times NOT.

koolhand dont even go there you dont what the **** your talking about.unless you have driven my boat then shut the **** up.i hate experts that have never even posted and then get on and start talking shit because someone they know or somehow are associated to the product that they have to stand up for them.believe me i couldnt be happier if i never had to go through what i went through and was just as happy with my boat at 65mph as i was at 80.why would i make something up like that.laveycraft was my boat of choice and still is.

that was pretty well said rd.god my responce to koolhand sounded a little rough.sorry alittle testy on thie subject. i just dont like the feeling like your going to get pitched out when you driving along in a straight line in good water at 80mph and all the sunden with no change ie"trim,tabs,rpm and the boat starts rocking back and fourth.no reason to make that up that is what happens.

Laveyman
    LaveyOne,
    It seems all the 2750's you drove were closed bow. Is that true? If so, Boatnam's is an open bow. Perhaps it is a CG problem, rather than a hull design problem.
    For what it's worth, I want a closed bow myself.

BoatFloating
    Koolhand, welcome to the boards. So you are saying 3 test drivers and a owner of one tell you it's a handful and you call them liars! Way to make friends and influence others. Maybe before you hit the submit button you should read what you said.
    So tell me what would be Hot Boat's reason behind the less than glowing words on the handling, I know, they don't want add money. And boatnam2's comments because he wants to slam his own boat just because he's bored. We know Hot Boat tries to spin a story to give it a good write up in the end but you can't dispute what 3 test drivers said and 1 owner said. So there must be something there and it doesn't matter how many races and events it's won. I'll tell you that all boats run different in the ocean than the lake and like RD said what the top speed and for how long....

Havasu Hangin'
    The demons are out in the daylight now...

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    The demons are out in the daylight now...
    amen brother.......
    You going to show?????

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    Koolhand, welcome to the boards. So you are saying 3 test drivers and a owner of one tell you it's a handful and you call them liars!
    We know Hot Boat tries to spin a story to give it a good write up in the end but you can't dispute what 3 test drivers said and 1 owner said. So there must be something there
    Hey Boat Floating...
    I agree with you 100%. I have experienced first hand the vices of a large stepped vee hull, extreme chine walks, blow out, slipping in turns, etc. Fortunately, I finally learned to drive the boat before it killed me. And that boat was not supposed to be anything special to drive.
    But if those guys are saying it is a handfull...it must REALLY be bad. Some of the test guys race and I cannot imagine them talking negatively about it if it were relatively simple to drive.
    Like you say. HB likes to spin and soften the negative comments, so as a reader you REALLY have to read between the lines. A small negative should be looked at carefully as it is probably a larger issue than they make it sound like.
    I think I'd consider another boat, even though I like Lavey Craft's quality...but Lavey did not design the Nu Era hulls.
    just my 0.2

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    You going to show?????
    Sure looks that way...I'll probably be at my favorite booth.*
    When you going?
    * AKA-the bar (drowning my sorrows in $6 cocktails the size of shot glasses).

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    * AKA-the bar (drowning my sorrows in $6 cocktails the size of shot glasses).
    Make it $12 cocktails, because you owe me one from the one I made you on my boat last summer.
    Me and Happy Star are going this Saturday.....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast