Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallet Boats at The Show

sandblasted
    I tend to go to the boat show during the week since it's easy for me to make my own schedule....I find most salesmen are willing to talk to you because they are probably board to death, it's pretty slow at 2pm on a thursday! As for Hallett, my buddy and I spent about a 1/2 hour talking with the Hallett salesman and looking at their boats...I guess we each have our own experiences dealing with them...

jbtrailerjim
    I have never really talked to anyone at Hallet at the show's but I stopped in at their factory in Irwindale one day about a year or so ago. I told the guy I couldn't afford one but I had alway's wanted to see how they were built. The salesman was very cool and took me on the full tour and walked me through the whole building process. Very nice people and I'd love to own a Hallet someday.

Haullen270
    They build a great solid boat with the superior attention to detail. Once you own one and learn to appreciate the fine detail, solid ride, erogenomic setup, it's hard to ever switch to another brand. Yes you pay for superior quality and yes they have a arrogance about them, but they have earned that. Remember you get what you pay for! So if you are the type that wants the best, you have to pay and deal with some attitude, but once you are Haullen across the water in a Hallett, then and only then do you realize that it is all worth it!

Kilrtoy
    So if you are the type that wants the best, you have to pay and deal with some attitude
    I have to disagree with that,
    Attitude of a hallet owner towards others of other boats, I can see that,
    but the owners of Hallet towards potential customers, not good salesmanship.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    So if you are the type that wants the best, you have to pay and deal with some attitude
    I have to disagree with that,
    Attitude of a hallet owner towards others of other boats, I can see that,
    but the owners of Hallet towards potential customers, not good salesmanship. It appears that they don't want just anybody driving their boats, but then again maybe they were all on break

Dusty Times
    I pulled up next to Nick a couple of years ago on the beach at Lake Mead. I was driving a 27' Carrera at the time and Nick treated myself and the others with me like we had known him forever and invited us into his own boat to check it out. Don't have a single bad thing to say about the guy.

SoCal_fun
    I have to say that at the Long Beach show in 03, the Hallet salesman spent a good 20-30 mins talking Hallets with Raff and I. This guy also invited us out for a tour anytime at the Irwindale plant, even gave us directions.
    Nice, warm and friendly. No Attitude at all!

MagicMtnDan
    We didn't kick the tires at the Hallet booth but we did do the factory tour out in Irwindale. They were great to us, showed us all the boats, took us around the plant. Two thumbs up for the Hallet boats and their peeps. http://www.clubavalanche.com/forums/...ns/thumbup.gif http://www.clubavalanche.com/forums/...ns/thumbup.gif

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Laser Ray, that pic of the 54' that Rich put up isn't the one that was at the show.. It was at last year or the year befores show though.. The one at the show is a new one they built, and I didn't get a real good look at it but it was around 30'ish + feet long.. That 54 is so big it's unreal.
    Anyways It's like I said earlier.. "new one every year" or atleast it seems like..
    RD
    You correcting me I believe I posted T.B.'s boat as he asked
    (j/k)

eliminatedsprinter
    Halletts are very well built boats, but they still have no reason to be cocky (if thats what they are). It's not like they don't have competition. Howards, Schiadas, and some others (depending on who you ask) are just as good. The fact that they have a loyal following means nothing to me, MG Midgits, have a loyal following too. If I had the money and was looking for a new boat and I went to the Hallett display and didn't get tons of help and attention, I'd just walk right over to Howard or Eliminator etc and never look back. I mentioned Eliminator because there boats looked great this year and their people were very nice and helpful, as were those at Shockwave, and Ultra as well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast