Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hallet Boats at The Show

Havasu_Dreamin
    We were originally looking to buy a Hallett, they were one of the final 3, but we chose to not go with them. Not due to the boat itself, they make GREAT boats! The salesman we talked to was just a real a$$hole and we were not going to drop that amount of coin dealing with an a$$hole. Would it prevent me from ever owning a Hallett, no, but it did sway my decision that time.

PerfectionDtail
    Originally posted by titties and beer
    LIKE I SAID NOT EVERTHING the boat in the back ground is dad,mr terrible
    The only reason that yacht is not red is because there is not enough red paint to completely cover that monster.

CA Stu
    Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
    I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, buy a Hallet simply because they are A-holes! I remember right before I built my boat, I was looking at them and they were rude, cocky, and acted like their shit don't stink. They treated me like I was some POS that could never afford one of their boats. F@$k Them! I really like their boats and I think that they build an awesome product, but if they are going to treat me like crap why would I ever want to give them my money? I can find other companies who would be happy to take my duckets and be thankful and helpful.
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!

CA Stu

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    So your pissed becuase they guessed right? Just messing with ya BB572..
    RD Hey, just because his house has wheels on it, and his truck doesn't, does not a bad person make! J/K.

CaptainBill
    It's funny how my impression of Hallett can be so different from others. I bought my 210 in 2002 and cannot be happier. They have treated me so well that it would be difficult to by any other boat. I only bought a 210 but they treat me like I've bought a couple of the monsters they build. I can't wait to order my next one.

Up 4 River
    I did not go to the show or their shop and buy a new one, but they have been very helpful and nice when I have called with questions. Before I bought my used Hallett I called their shop and talked to a guy on the phone for about 15 minutes and asked him every question I could about their 210. Once I bought the boat and went to their shop and asked if I could look at the new 210's being made and wanted to know the diiferences in mine and the new ones. They we very helpful.
    Many of us on these boards are in sales positions and sale products and services. We have a responsibility to our clients and customers to give them the best quality and service we can. Hallett has no doubt given me a quality boat, but has also been their with service questions when they are needed. I know not everybody can always be happy, but we don't need to bad mouth other builders or salesguys over and over. If you have found a boat that you are happy with then that's a good thing. Hallett may have not been the route you went, but you now have a relationship with a builder you like and that's what matters.

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
    I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, buy a Hallet simply because they are A-holes! I remember right before I built my boat, I was looking at them and they were rude, cocky, and acted like their shit don't stink. They treated me like I was some POS that could never afford one of their boats. F@$k Them! I really like their boats and I think that they build an awesome product, but if they are going to treat me like crap why would I ever want to give them my money? I can find other companies who would be happy to take my duckets and be thankful and helpful.
    Ahmen!! Chris and Travis Barron arent to bad, but Jerry and the Old Man, they just need to go. I too had a 210S and they are great boats, probably the best in its size class. They managed to eject me out of a 270S with a step bottom during a test drive and ended up with a femur broken 3 inches down from the hip, and a permenant bad limp, and no apology.. :yuk:

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    No discount either.. LOL
    RD
    Yeah, not even the good old boy disount. Too bad for them. I guess they thing bad press and bad service is good for business.
    Besides there are too many other great boats out there that are more flexible, and are will to build it your way. Folks like Ultra, Shockwave,Howard, Schiada ( that is if they build more than a couple per year) ,and DCB build A grade boats, and will almost never build any two alike.

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by SUPERCREWJOHN
    Ahmen!! Chris and Travis Barron arent to bad, but Jerry and the Old Man, they just need to go. I too had a 210S and they are great boats, probably the best in its size class. They managed to eject me out of a 270S with a step bottom during a test drive and ended up with a femur broken 3 inches down from the hip, and a permenant bad limp, and no apology.. :yuk:
    With a lawyer like Johnny Cockroach you coulda been owning a Hallet 360T...
    http://www.hallettboats.com/portside...60overview.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Heres my hallett story,
    We have a 78 20 ss and did a restoration project on it a few years ago. The guys at Hallett where helpfull and interested in our old boat. We called a couple of times and they looked up old info for us with no problems.
    This boat is in great shape after 25 years of abuse and is still solid.
    we attended the regatta one time and it really was not our cup of tea. ( lots of BF boats) What I remember the most was the guys at the launch ramp when our old boat would not start ( radio got left on) a new battery was produced and installed at once for free. I would expect that for a new boat owner but not the owner of a 20 year old white trash jet boat.
    Hallett has been good to us and I would buy one again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast