Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: speed? no B.S.!

77charger
    Originally posted by STV_Keith
    Salt water has more bouyancy, so it's faster...and you're usually at "sea level".
    Hey 77, do you think that thing would stay together for a mile of WOT?
    Longer than yours can Without blowin the motor.Is yours almost ready?

STV_Keith
    The 2.4 wasn't fast enough, so I'm building a 2.5...but the 2.4 is still in the garage in running condition.

77charger
    oh i see!Same deal here the 427 is being yanked and a new motor put in i dont know the size i just drive the boat all i know is that we are going to go faster.From the little i know about the egg beaters is that the 2.5 is the shit(motor to have) due to the hi rev capabilities

O.B eddie
    Originally posted by 77charger
    oh i see!Same deal here the 427 is being yanked and a new motor put in i dont know the size i just drive the boat all i know is that we are going to go faster.From the little i know about the egg beaters is that the 2.5 is the shit(motor to have) due to the hi rev capabilities UH do ya think? It is a 2 stroke does that not eqaute to high R.P.M?? Bet most dont know the differance between 2 and 4 strokes???

Kachina26
    The old Carrera 20.5 Elite, closed bow 454I/O on Havsu, empty boat near empty tanks 64 on GPS (water was glass). Another day with similar weather, fully loaded and more people on 4" wind blown chop I got 67 on GPS. Go figure.

Rock-it man
    Verified with two GPS handheld and in dash 137.1 at Havasu Oct 2003
    Soon to be 145 mph +

77charger
    Originally posted by O.B eddie
    UH do ya think? It is a 2 stroke does that not eqaute to high R.P.M?? Bet most dont know the differance between 2 and 4 strokes???
    well 4 stroke
    intake(1 stroke)
    comp(2nd stroke)
    power(3rd stroke)
    exhaust (4th stroke)
    2 stroke
    intake compression(1 stroke)
    power exhaust(2nd stroke)
    4 stroke motors have a separate crankcase where it gets its oil from while a 2 stoke has a dry crankcase which gets its oil from the mixture in the gasoline. that is one reason they seem to smoke alot
    But i am sure you are probably still trying to figure out how you burnt an intake valve in your o/b

SUI-CY-COLE
    hey charger,,,not to say you dont know but its bascially like this....suck,squeeze,bang,blow!!!!!!!!kinda like the avatar....hey kim-boy and ob...get together you guys just might get along...i got a 23 foot glastron with a bbc and a panther jet in it for ya...kinda like the one from jame bong movie but it dont jump waterfalls...but it does go a 100 mph.....................hehehehehe..that hundred is for the jet boys, to keep the hopes alive!!!!!!!

spectras only
    Originally posted by Rexone [/i]
    [B]I know something about Canada Kim. It's friggin frozen solid ice right now Mike, this shot was taken in january in vancouver. Nothing frozen here . Kim lives in alberta .http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/englishbay.jpg

Tom Brown
    Great shot, SO. North Van is nice to look at.
    That reminds me of the last time I was at Granville Island. A guy in an all black Hydrostream Vector was trying to get out of the channel on plane and he almost flipped it a couple of times on low frequency rollers. It looked harmless enough but his pad was causing some serious problems.
    -- Tom

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast