Thread: Major OUCH!

Cas
    http://www.admit-one.net/webimages/bikewreck.jpg
    estimated speed was 100+, flipped the car on impact

YeLLowBoaT
    damn.......
    I really hope there was no one in the passengers seat; however, I don't care what happend to the guy on the bike.

C-2
    There was a similar accident a few months ago right down the street.
    An Asian lady in her Astro van pulled in front of two Harley's. One of them impacted on the drivers door and sent the rider into the van. the impact also knocked the van onto its side and sadly, the Asian lady died. the rider was hurt badly, but survived.
    The force behind moving objects is amazing.

Run_em_Hard
    damn.......
    I really hope there was no one in the passengers seat; however, I don't care what happend to the guy on the bike.
    From what I have heard about this accident...both people in the car died and the rider.

Run_em_Hard
    damn.......
    Also...why not care about the rider, I bet that you are always concerned when someone in a boat has an accident at 100+.

C-2
    People died and the car was on display? Geez

SmokinLowriderSS
    Also...why not care about the rider, I bet that you are always concerned when someone in a boat has an accident at 100+.
    Because the guy on the bike was going way to dam fast in an area where a car just might pull out in froint of him. I also don't care if some moron kills himself being stupid.
    I've riden bikes over 30 years now, including having my '90 Ninja over 150, on a 2-mile patch of limited access interstate, on a Sun AM, in beautiful weather, ALL ALONE, precisely once. The fact that the bike rider killed others in the car is the lamentable part.

MagicMtnDan
    FYI: This was already posted before

core attitude
    People died and the car was on display? Geez
    "The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.
    All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.
    At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet (21 yards more than the length of a football field) while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken."