Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tach ?

FlatRat
    I will be running a mag / Hilborn injector this year and would like to run the elect. Monster tach.What do I need to get this done?Thanks :idea:

Fiat48
    I think most guys run those autometer deals. You have to specify Vertex or Mallory when you get one. I don't run one anymore as they shake themselves apart. Whatver rpm it turns is o.k. with me.

PE 316
    I decided to stay "old school" with my stack injection & magneto.
    I went with a "Vertex" OAC magneto (w/ mechanical tach drive gear) running a Jones mechanical tach (w/ tattletale)...

Fiat48
    I do have a "shift light". Took it off the Fiat. It comes on at 7500 but who has time to look at that?

502 JET
    If your mag unit has the mechanical drive on it you can purchase a generator from auto meter that will connect to the mechanical drive.This will provide the signal for the tach.

FlatRat
    Well,
    tach it is a Autometer deal.As far as a drive it doesn't one on it.I do however have a brand new cable driven Jones tach still in the box but it has a Sanger logo in it.I'm saving it for the the Sanger Flatty.We are running the Howard Runner at this time.So,if I want to run the elect. tach w/a Vertex mag I need to do what?

Fiat48
    Autometer makes tachometers for Vertex. Just make sure the model number says for vertex.

GofastRacer
    I use an Autometer "Pro-Comp2" with memory recall for a "Vertex", had it since I built the boat in 92, never had a problem with it. The key is to "NOT" mount it solid, use the mount that it comes with and you won't have any problems!..

FlatRat
    o.k.,
    so it sounds like I need to pick up another tach.Who and where?Thanks for all of the info.
    Art,
    those ugly stacks w/orange hose and clamps.Gone!I have pics just don't know to post 'em.Damn hillbilly anyway.The injector cleaned up nice and we will be starting the mock up this weekend.

GofastRacer
    o.k.,
    so it sounds like I need to pick up another tach.Who and where?Thanks for all of the info.
    Art,
    those ugly stacks w/orange hose and clamps.Gone!I have pics just don't know to post 'em.Damn hillbilly anyway.The injector cleaned up nice and we will be starting the mock up this weekend.
    Summit, Jeg's right off the top, just do a search you'll find them all over the place!....
    Ok hillbilly send me the pics already, LMAO!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast