Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Switch

cyclone
    need a kill switch and lanyard for my boat. Where can i buy one? The boat has a separate ignition switch, start button and fuel pump switch already.
    I need something that i can wire into the ground side of the ignition switch.
    Does Rex Marine sell them?

miller19j
    I think that Rex has them but they are not up on the site yet. Try a PM to Mike (Rexone) I am sure he will hook you up. Just don't mention me or you will never get a catalog.

AZKC
    Prepping for the unexpected, Good Idea
    MSD sell's one, flush mount part number 4374 normally closed switch or a 43741 normally open switch.

AZKC
    There is a few on Ebay also
    Kill Switches (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2462342940)

Jet Hydro
    Go to an O/B Boat store, I got mine for $12.00

moneysucker
    I hate to say it but CP Marine has them and relitively priced. I would reccomend the mercury switch not the one with the 2 ball bearings that you can use to either make or break the connection. I have the seccond and will be replacing it for this season. It flexes and will periodically break the connection. The base on it is plastic. The good ones are a little more and are round like some on jet ski's.
    Cy

565edge
    If you have a msd you need the mercury one from cp.They also make one for a magneto style.

Originally posted by cyclone
    need a kill switch and lanyard for my boat. Where can i buy one? The boat has a separate ignition switch, start button and fuel pump switch already.
    I need something that i can wire into the ground side of the ignition switch.
    Does Rex Marine sell them?
    We have them. Mercury or 2-ball whatever you want. And lanyards too.

77charger
    we got ours from rex marine i believe?It is a mercury brand type.Make sure you get one that wont pop out easily(as in moving around while waiting on the line. it happens)If you get pitched it will pop out though
    Personally i like the merc type one

Mercury makes a couple different types but the ones we sell are the round ones with the button in the middle that the plastic cap snaps over. They call it omnidirectional. I just call em good kill switches. I think the key is to have a long enough switch lanyard where you can freely move around without it stretching tight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast