Put the motor back in, put new fiber washers on the inside of the
transom adaptor. Could not get the motor to line up correctly Did it the way the book says, used an engine hoist on the front of the motor to make height adjustment. The only time the tool slid in nice was when the mount was so far up it was above the motor mount stud! I did move the gimbal bearing and that helped some, where I could get it on the stud, but I still couldn't get the drive on. So I must be doing something dicked up. Took it to a "real shop":wink: Knowledgable guys there. They call yesterday, they can't get the motor to line up, say the back of the motor must be too high
This is not a new motor or coupling
Didn't touch the forward mounts
Put a fiber washer and "spring" under each ear on the rear mount, tourqued to spec.
So I have to pick it up today and bring it home and see what the f@#k the problem is.
If I do in fact have the parts on the rear mount installed correctly, there's one thing I'm thinking....
At one point when we were originally adjusting the motor, we raised the front of the motor, but forgot the alignment tool was still installed partially. It bound up. I know, dumbass.
Could this have screwed up the coupling (standard issue aluminum spline) teeth insert some how that it's not straight????
Any other suggestions are appreciated. My Havasu trip is quickly approaching and this boat hasn't been in the water in a while!
And it looks like rain again today....naturally