Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq - WMD, Oil, Bush Vandetta?

Jungle Boy
    In light of yesterdays bomb attacks and the ongoing problems going on there, I am wondering what some of you Americans are thinking about this so-called war that's going on. I work with several "worldly" Americans (meaning that they have worked in the Middle East and many other places around the globe) and we were talking about this last night. The 3 guys I work with all say it was "oil" and had nothing to do with WMD or to help safe the down-trodden people of Iraq. I agree. As I have said before in other posts and will say again. You can not change these people, they are locked up in a mind set that is centuries old and the hate they carry is bred into them for generations. The waste of American lives there should be intorerable by American citizens. They are playing in a game that can't be won. These latest bombs are being done by Iraq people against Iraq people. They don't fight by the same rules as the western world and will never be defeated until those rules are lifted and many more American lives are lost. And after it's all done, the day after the troops leave, everything will return to the same old shit. I say, let them fools kill each other all they want, but control the oil leaving the country to help pay for the expense of going there in the first place. Flame me if you want, but until you seen these ****heads in the Middle East up close, you can not appreciate just how brain dead they are.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    they were going to originaly call this
    O peration
    I raqi
    L iberation
    until they realized that made it too obvious! what pisses me off is that now it's over and we have access to the oil why are gas prices spiking high as ever. I would have had no problems with what we did if I was paying a $1 a gallon for gas but the fact that I'm paying $1.50 a gallon and the government is spending billions on this 'humane effort' pisses me off
    oh and you can bet those wells have been up and running for months. They just aren't sending it here. Maybe to our buddies in Isreal
    Can you hear the shears running???
    Omega

Boatcop
    Does the following date mean anything to anyone:
    September 11, 2001
    Al Queda used Iraq as a training ground, with the blessings of the Saddam dictatorship. They are still over there carrying out most of the attacks against the coalition efforts, or training those who do.
    If we knew there were no WMDs in Iraq and the Administration was giving us lip service to go in for the oil, then they also knew that they wouldn't find any when we got in there.
    What then? Plant them to make it look good? If that were the case it would have been done already.
    Even the darling of the left, Billary Klinton believed, via intelligence received, that there were WMDs there. Congress gave full blessing for us to go in there. The United Nations, through their resolutions and Saddam's refusal to comply with them, gave full blessing to take action.
    If you actually believe the left wing garbage, and think those like Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarrandon, Michael Moore, and most importantly, the Jane Fonda loving, anti-American John F. Kerry, are right, then whatever Govt. you get when they are elected, you're stuck with.
    If you think liberal policies work and are good for the Nation, just take a look at California. Anarchy reigns in San Francisco. Elected officials are ignoring the laws that they swore to uphold, and the state is going down the toilet in a hurry.
    Be careful what you wish for.

HavasuDreamin'
    Well said BC.

Jungle Boy
    Just for arguement sake by being the devil's advocate and provoking some dialog on this subject. The training ground for several of the attackers on Sept 11 was a Florida flight training school. As far as the Al Queda freaks that are commiting these attacks against US troops in Iraq, they will always be there. They are deep underground and very loyal to their ****ed up cause. Ever seen the madness in a Middle Eastern's eyes. They're crazy and hatefull even when they are not argueing their price of milk in their corner stores. The problem is, keeping the Al Queda madmen from entering the US. It's pretty tough to flush them out in their own backyards.

MagicMtnDan
    Yeah Omega, it's all about oil. And so was:
    * The bombing of Khobar Towers
    * The bomding of the embassies in Africa
    * The first attack on the World Trade Center Towers
    * The bombing of the USS Cole
    * Flying an airplane into the Pentagon
    * Flying airplanes into the World Trade Center Towers
    * Flying an airplane into a field in Pennsylvania
    * 3,000 Americans dead because of terrorists
    Yeah, it's all about the oil and I'll bet you want to negotiate with Usama bin Laden and Al Qaida too.
    Maybe your buddies in Iran or Pakistan would like you to come over and live there.

Kachina26
    Thanks BC and MMD, the "let em kill each other" theory just doesn't hold water in the light of 9-11. It is century old thinking over there, but that thinking also includes killing all infidels, which if you aren't Musslim then that's you. I don't care if they say it's for MWD, OIL or just GP. It's a hell of a lot better than Clinton's 2 cruise missles and wake me in the morning approach to dealing with direct attacks on the US ie Cole.

beer hunter
    Originally posted by Boatcop
    Does the following date mean anything to anyone:
    September 11, 2001
    Al Queda used Iraq as a training ground, with the blessings of the Saddam dictatorship. They are still over there carrying out most of the attacks against the coalition efforts, or training those who do.
    If we knew there were no WMDs in Iraq and the Administration was giving us lip service to go in for the oil, then they also knew that they wouldn't find any when we got in there.
    What then? Plant them to make it look good? If that were the case it would have been done already.
    Even the darling of the left, Billary Klinton believed, via intelligence received, that there were WMDs there. Congress gave full blessing for us to go in there. The United Nations, through their resolutions and Saddam's refusal to comply with them, gave full blessing to take action.
    If you actually believe the left wing garbage, and think those like Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarrandon, Michael Moore, and most importantly, the Jane Fonda loving, anti-American John F. Kerry, are right, then whatever Govt. you get when they are elected, you're stuck with.
    If you think liberal policies work and are good for the Nation, just take a look at California. Anarchy reigns in San Francisco. Elected officials are ignoring the laws that they swore to uphold, and the state is going down the toilet in a hurry.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Nice post BC

HyRider15
    The vast majority of the crude oil consumed by the United States does not originate in the Middle East. There is doccumented proof of Sadam using WMD on the Kurds prior to our being there. Don't let the leftist drivel from Hollywood and the Democratic party fool you.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I love the way people mistake take the blinders off for being a liberal cock sucker. I am in no way a liberal activist. Look where I live. I consider myself to be ultra conservative.
    Go ahead and play the 9-11 card. If terrorism was our first concern why haven't they found Osama? I guess it is not close enough to election time yet and that will be a huge card to play with the sheople in this country. Or better yet we don't have enough intelligence or military to track him down. yeah right!
    HyRider15 yes Sadam did use chemical weapons against the kurds and iranian people and we knew about it and turned our heads because at the time we supported Sadam's efforts. Hell Rumy is the one that put Sadam in power. This is simply a war based on a business relationship gone bad. Father Bush started it and Jr. finished it. The only problem is that it is taxpayers money funding it. Once again I wouldn't have a problem if we were paying less at the pump.
    Omega

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast