Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did COLE Hulls

77charger
    i hope everyone knows that a caynon, a cole tr2 , dimarco are all HONDO'S there is nothing different about them..so the people that are going around saying that the cole's are the best or the caynon's or whatever are all crazy...we can all thank Irv brendel (spelling) he is the one who created the hondo's and everyone else coppied him!!
    shane that might be true to an extent but canyons are a dimarco hull and not exactly same bottom slight changes in rocker compared to the hondos.But overall yes they were splashed from the hondos.That is why the canyons seem to go faster than the hondos or coles with the same power.I know the hondos are easy to drive though hell you even know compared to that old cole you guys had.
    :boxed:

Fiat48
    i hope everyone knows that a caynon, a cole tr2 , dimarco are all HONDO'S there is nothing different about them..so the people that are going around saying that the cole's are the best or the caynon's or whatever are all crazy...we can all thank Irv brendel (spelling) he is the one who created the hondo's and everyone else coppied him!!
    Its real obvious that you have not driven many different flat bottoms. However I will agree that they are of the same basic design. Who was a splash off of who...has always been a controversy. One learns there are boats and then there are fast boats.....even out of the same mold.
    It isn't a "turn em upside down and they all look the same."

I'm pretty sure some subtle bottom changes & setup's have changed things a little.

Fiat48
    TR1 was a copy of a Hondo 511
    Not hardly.

LUVNLIFE
    Has anyone heard anything about Jim Cole lately.
    Here we go. :rollside: Doesn't this belong in Sandbar :argue:

flattie440
    Its real obvious that you have not driven many different flat bottoms. However I will agree that they are of the same basic design. Who was a splash off of who...has always been a controversy. One learns there are boats and then there are fast boats.....even out of the same mold.
    It isn't a "turn em upside down and they all look the same."
    well so far in my short career in boat racing i gave drivin a cole tr2, a caynon a hondo and tr4 so i got a little expereince :rollside: not as much as i would like though... all the boats are the same untill you start messing with bottems and that is what makes them hall ASS..the fact that people are trying to say that the designs are different call up mettler and ask him, he'll tell you the same thing

Before this gets out of hand lets take a step back & realize we are saying the same thing.
    Yes they are all runners bottoms with primarily the same design. But when you get down to it they all have subtle differences that will make them handle entirely different.

Cole Man II
    Well I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I have spoke to Mettler. He is the one that took the hook out of the bottom of my Cole, and because it is a differant design he said that my boat would run better, but will never run like a Canyon. He said if that was my goal, I would be better off selling it and finding a used Canyon.

Cole Man II
    Hay Morg.

Hey Buddy,
    I also know another "racer" who was told by Metler to quit screwing around with his runner & have him build a Canyon that he would garantee 10 mph on the top end. Then turn & walk away in true Mettler fasion

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast