Thread: Arizona Registration Renewal

Boatcop
    Hey ***boat! How about making this message sticky!
    Every year I get several dozen phone calls, emails, PMs, etc about Arizona registration, and how they can get it done quickly because they "forgot" to register it, and need it before the weekend.
    Well. I'm pleased to announce that Arizona Watercraft Registrations can now be renewed ON LINE!
    This will be for RENEWALS ONLY. Change of ownership, new applications, or change of State must be done the old fashioned way.
    After you go through the process you will be able to print out a temporary registration slip, which we will accept out on the water, no matter what your decals say.
    Keep in mind that we can verify the validity of the temporary registration, and anyone who might have the notion to dummy up their own (not that anyone HERE would do such a thing), would be facing Felony Forgery charges and the seizure of their boat.
    The site for the Registration Renewal can be found by going through the AZGFD website at:
    Arizona Watercraft Registration Renewal (https://www.azgfdonlineservices.com/...oatsearch.aspx)
    Required information includes your Arizona boat number and one of the following:
    1. Date of birth of the primary (first) owner.
    2. The authorization number as listed on your renewal notice.
    3. Your password if one has been established.

Havasu Luvr
    BoatCop
    Pres Day weekend I was turned away @ Winsor because I had '03 displayed on my boat even though I had 04 DMV reciept (Ca. reg.) in the boat but had not recieved the sticker yet. I was told that "It must be displayed on the vessel, No exceptions" whats the deal? Thank you in advance for your reply

Boatcop
    Can't say what happened then, but ALL Watercraft Enforcement Officers in Arizona have been informed of the new AZGFD program, and have been instructed to accept them. The program and site just came on line in the past few days, so it's brand new.
    I'll be meeting with the AZ Boating Law Administrator in the next week or so, and make sure that the Park Rangers and others are up to speed.
    We've all gotten copies of the AZ temporary, and should be able to spot a forgery. Not so for California receipts. For all we know it could be a Der Weinerschnitzel receipt.
    But I will check State Park Policy and see what their deal is.

Boatcop
    I also just found out that Nevada can do the same thing.
    ONLINE BOAT REGISTRATION PROCESS MADE EASIER
    By: Patty Wagner
    Nevada boaters who apply for their 2004 decals and registrations online, now can use their boats immediately, according to the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW).
    Paula Lannen, NDOW boat registration manager, said boaters who register online will be given a temporary authorization number and no longer need to wait to receive their decals in the mail before they can go boating.
    “The Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners approved a regulation that allows temporary authorization numbers for online boat registrations. The temporary authorization numbers allow boaters to use Nevada waters for up to 10 days until the decals are received in the mail,” said Lannen. “Now, boaters can get up early on Saturday morning, go online to http://www.ndowlicensing.com and register. They will then get a temporary authorization number, and then can head to the lake for a day of fun.”
    Boaters must carry the temporary authorization number while operating the boat. “This new service will really help those boaters who forget to register before they want to take the boat out, because this service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week,” said Lannen.
    The Nevada Department of Wildlife is the state agency responsible for the restoration and management of fish and wildlife resources and the promotion of boating safety on Nevada’s waters. Wildlife offices are located in Las Vegas, Henderson, Ely, Winnemucca, Fallon, Elko and Reno. For more information on boat registration, contact the agency by email at plannen@ndow.org. To learn more about boating and boating safety visit us on the web at http://www.boatnevada.org.

Laveyman
    Excellent info! Thanks Alan!

izquik72
    Thank you this information was very helpful I just got sone using it. Took about 3 minutes

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Boatcop
    Der Weinerschnitzel receipt.
    Actually, to be grammatically correct it would be Das Wienerschnitzel Just funnin' with ya Alan but its true.
    Danke Schoen

mtndewdrops
    Great Info, Thanks Alan...

waterboy
    just did mine, thanx alan