Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo question for you gurus

hd&boatrider
    I posted this over in the stereo section but thought I might get a quicker response here.
    I ordered the JL speakers XR650CSi - JL Audio 6.5" XR Series Componet and ordered grills from Ron's Custom Billet Grills. AM I going to need the grills for the tweeters also or will the tweeters actually be under the same speaker grill?
    http://www.woofersetc.com/product.a...=317&3=1256
    Thanks for the input.

welk2party
    Not sure but ROZ seems to be the one to ask.
    ROZ, do you do trucks too?

Huntingtonbeach
    Originally posted by hd&boatrider
    I posted this over in the stereo section but thought I might get a quicker response here.
    I ordered the JL speakers XR650CSi - JL Audio 6.5" XR Series Componet and ordered grills from Ron's Custom Billet Grills. AM I going to need the grills for the tweeters also or will the tweeters actually be under the same speaker grill?
    http://www.woofersetc.com/product.a...=317&3=1256
    Thanks for the input.
    hd&b, got the same speakers in my boat- the tweets can mount either surface or recessed; so if your recessing them into something then the billet grills will go over them. If your gonna surface mount them, then your stuck with the factory black look. Ran my setup w/ the stock grills all last season and didnt lose a grill so if its a durability issue no worries. Hope it helps
    Rob

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Huntingtonbeach
    hd&b, got the same speakers in my boat- the tweets can mount either surface or recessed; so if your recessing them into something then the billet grills will go over them. If your gonna surface mount them, then your stuck with the factory black look. Ran my setup w/ the stock grills all last season and didnt lose a grill so if its a durability issue no worries. Hope it helps
    Rob
    I will let Wired For Sound make the decision for me on the tweeters. I hope they don't look stupid if they are surface mounted with the other speakers having the white grills. I guess the thing to do is to also paint the tweeter grills white. I don't want to recess the tweeters as I think that will distort the sound.

Huntingtonbeach
    Originally posted by hd&boatrider
    I will let Wired For Sound make the decision for me on the tweeters. I hope they don't look stupid if they are surface mounted with the other speakers having the white grills. I guess the thing to do is to also paint the tweeter grills white. I don't want to recess the tweeters as I think that will distort the sound.
    Tweeters have such a narrow range of sound, that mounting them makes little difference in a boat as long as they are not obstructed. My only complaint with the recessed mounts JL uses is the gimbal type of system they have. In a car it lets you aim the tweeter at the listener but in a boat it moves with all the bumps. Thats why i went with the surface mounts. I hear good things about WFS im sure they take that into account. Black matched my interior so i was cool with it. Give JL a call and see what they say about mounting and painting for a boat, the tech department kicks ass!!!

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    If you have a billet cover and then a tweeter off to the side that you'd like a kind of billet "cover" for let me know and I can come up with something for you Tom..
    You can't really cover the tweeter like you can the midrange though becuase it'll block the sound etc..
    RD
    Thanks RD...Ater I meet with Adam I may need your assistance.

hd&boatrider
    Tweeters have such a narrow range of sound, that mounting them makes little difference in a boat as long as they are not obstructed. My only complaint with the recessed mounts JL uses is the gimbal type of system they have. In a car it lets you aim the tweeter at the listener but in a boat it moves with all the bumps. Thats why i went with the surface mounts. I hear good things about WFS im sure they take that into account. Black matched my interior so i was cool with it. Give JL a call and see what they say about mounting and painting for a boat, the tech department kicks ass!!!
    Thanks for the input HB.....Lets see what WFS has to say first......

shadow
    just picked my boat up acouple of days ago from wired for sound.
    they redid my whole system,and it KICKS ASS !!! all Kicker stuff.
    Adam made this trick disco ball (sound dome) speakers point all directions.I've had mixed opinions on the looks,I'm happy with it and it throws tunes out of the boat and that was my goal.
    looks bitchen,pics don't do it justice.theres pics in the audio section.
    I'm sure wired for sound will do a great job for you.lets see pics when it's done.

hd&boatrider
    Glad to hear they did a good job for you. They did my other boat and I know they will do a good job this time.
    Originally posted by shadow
    just picked my boat up acouple of days ago from wired for sound.
    they redid my whole system,and it KICKS ASS !!! all Kicker stuff.
    Adam made this trick disco ball (sound dome) speakers point all directions.I've had mixed opinions on the looks,I'm happy with it and it throws tunes out of the boat and that was my goal.
    looks bitchen,pics don't do it justice.theres pics in the audio section.
    I'm sure wired for sound will do a great job for you.lets see pics when it's done.

ROZ
    Give JL a call and see what they say about mounting and painting for a boat, the tech department kicks ass!!!
    Yes, they do... Jason is the man to talk to over there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast