Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Turbo installation project

Infomaniac
    The best is yet to come.
    Tuned in better next year. Has been way fat so far.
    Hang on man. I will volunteer for test pilot duties. You need film footage from the bank anyway.

HPjunkie
    Mark thats an awesome project! Did Tom E. help you out with that setup? If so did you get your Haltech system from him? Did you say those injectors idle ok ? Did you start with an exissting map or from scratch? Jusy some questions Id like to do that project myself sometime. I live in Rockford...Il. Keep the info coming! Have a good one. Greg

Unchained
    Snowboat,
    The way I made those headers the turbo's could be mounted in front or in back of the engine the same. V drive compatible.
    It is a lot quieter cruising than headers. WOT ? still loud but not nearly as loud as headers. One guy told me it sounded like a jet flying by when I had it WOT. ????
    Ron,
    I hope to see you at Table Rock Lake in mid July.
    I did take a video from the shore with the boat going about 90 but you know it just doesn't look fast from the shore unless a boats going 125+.
    I did notice that the hull was riding too wet so I need to make some changes to remedy that.
    HP Junkie,
    I did buy some of the components from Tom E.
    Problem was he didn't know about a wide band O2 sensor that everyone uses now.
    He has been tuning by trial and error and that could take a lifetime with all the variations available with the Haltech.
    The starting and idleing have been real good once I figured out what the engine wanted. With a mechanical fuel pump I had to have the injectors opened the maximum time while cranking to get it to fire right away. An electric fuel pump would have had pressure at the injectors immediately like a car does but it may have taken a whole bank of them to feed this motor.
    I'll have this boat down to Blarney Island this spring so I'll see you there. I know George ( Clown ) who has raced there a lot and he will have his turbo alky boat ready to race this spring also.
    Heavycar, let me look into the future...........
    I see two big turbo's hanging on your Ford engine........
    You are pissed off and cursing because you've broken more driveline parts than ever before..............
    Mark

HPjunkie
    Mark thats cool, Let me know when your coming down and Ill try to make it over there 815-218-1603. Greg Maurer

HPjunkie
    blany island opens in 4 weeks! Im not ready!? Greg

Unchained
    I'm waiting for a new set of Bill Miller rods to arrive then I can reassemble the engine.
    I'll be in the water in 2 to three weeks.
    I also ordered a wide band O2 sensor / controller / datalogger and I'm really anxious to try it out.
    It looks like the price on those things has gone from $1,200 + down to $ 350 +- within the last year.
    I could make Blarneys on the 13th or 20th but on the 27th I'm off to Red Bluff for a week +.
    Can you take an MPG video at Blarney Island?

HPjunkie
    What kinda of datalogger? tuneyourengine.com?

Unchained
    I got one of these units,
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php

HEAVYBOAT
    We bought one of those units last month, but havent used it yet, let us know how you make out with it.
    Rick

randy77zt
    awesome work!blower motors with carbs are kind of old tech and it seems like boats are the last vehicles in motorsports that get see any kind of changes out of what is considered normal.will be putting a haltech e6x in my turbo sports car soon to replace old factory efi.but that will be practice for winter project.building a turbo/efi motor for a 25 eliminator daytona.want a boat that is a sleeper.something that idles smooth and clean + that smooth pull that turbos get.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast