Hi spectras only, thanks again I'll e-mail your mate Tony and give him a try.A friend of mine runs a Chapperell Villian 111 with a slightly modified 330 7.4 , different cam inlet manifold and gil exausts,this is a shorter and may be lighter boat but I,m only 5- 10 m.p.h slower than him when it is quite calm,but when it gets rougher i can keep him not to much problem. Thanks Nick. Originally posted by spectras only:
Nick,in the seventies and eighties people would give an arm and leg owning a Formula,but todays lighter boats are faster,and Thunderbird Yachts still building heavier boats [excellent for rough water].My alltime favourite was the 1980 233 foot Liberator model,and the 302.When John Connor was racing 27 Formula offshore class those were the days of real offshore boating and you needed some heavy layups to last.We have a poker run every year in september,and the organizer [Tony Spring] has a 1992 24 LS.I don't remember what is his setup,but I'll ask him next time when I see him and let you know.You can contact him by log on to www.vancouverpokerrun.com (http://www.vancouverpokerrun.com)