Thread: Need Gears?

Fiat48
    I found the following gears in a local boat shop (used to be Sunny Jones' shop) and thought I would list them here if someone needs them:
    12 degree= 37's, 32's, 45,s.
    10 degree = 63, 67,77,60,73. Most of the 10 degree gears are lightened. If you can use..let me know.

Fiat, What are you asking for the 32/12 deg gears?

Fiat48
    He told me $175 on most the gears. So, I am sure they would be that price. I think he wants more for some of the lightened ones.
    Anyway, I can get them for $175 and probably about $15 to Ups them.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 058
    Fiat, What are you asking for the 32/12 deg gears?
    Damn you, Bob.
    LO

Fiat48
    I reckon that means that you wanted them Lakes. Well, I haven't heard from anybody yet. Just the asking price.

Lakes, If you need those 32s go ahead. I was just thinking of lower gears for the Hondo or higher gears for the Howard.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 058
    Lakes, If you need those 32s go ahead. I was just thinking of lower gears for the Hondo or higher gears for the Howard.
    Why that's mighty gentlemen-like of you 058. But I was just messin'; I don't know exaclty what I'm gonna need just yet. I suspect it'll be something closer to 18's or so, don't you? Further, it's too early to tell in my case anyway, so go right ahead and grab 'em if you need 'em.
    In the meantime, I will talk with Pete about the exact trans he had in my boat, rpm's, prop blah blah blah, and find my ballpark gear for less trans. I'm not even sure which engine I'm building yet so how can I choose gears? If I later learn that Fiat has gears I can use and they are still not spoken for, I'll contact him.
    LO

Fiat48
    Guys, I don't have the gears. I just know where they are and odds are unless someone on the boards buys them, they'll be there a while. Seems the shop does jet boats mainly and some pump work.
    Lakes: 18"s in the hydro??? You'll need more gear than that.