Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest 28 v-hull....

Udafed
    Horsepower for horsepower, it appears the new Velocity VR1 has them all beat (by the way, I did not say "fastest v hull", I said "fastest v hull horsepower for horsepower").
    Unless anyone can tell my why I shouldn't, I'm going to buy one.
    Boatscience

spectras only
    You like it,then buy it !Nothing wrong with Velocity, the ones I saw were hauling AZZ !

JimK
    Hot Boat tested the 28' Howard Bullet at 104 mph. That seems pretty fast.

boaterbob
    Don't overlook the 28' Howard...Mikehoward from Howard boats is on this board sometimes and can probably give you some info on how this hull compares to the velocity.
    Ultimately, take test rides/drives and buy what you like

playdeep
    I am not trying to start a war here,but didnt the F-1 Laveycraft goe back east and bring home a national and world title.Isaw both races on speedvision and the Lavey seemed to have no problems w/the Velocity.both powered by 500hp motors.just my 02.

Udafed
    Originally posted by JimK:
    Hot Boat tested the 28' Howard Bullet at 104 mph. That seems pretty fast.
    Apparently you failed to completely read my original message. I stated horsepower for horsepower.
    With 500EFI's the Velocity is a faster boat.

Fountain27
    Udafed,
    That is a very nice Velocity, However it is turning a 29 Hydro that was from a Lab shop, Also PB did not say how long it took to get to that speed, 1 mile?? 6 miles??? Also 4500lbs is very light for a 28' boat They are either using materials no one else is using or less material?? I currently spin a 26 hydro and I am slow on plane, radar 75, I hit the rev lim w/500efi, but to spin a 29??? with a stock 500efi in a 28' boat?? Allot of questions.

Udafed
    You do raise some interesting questions Fountain. At least someone is showing some objectivity here. The light weight might is my biggest concern. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Fountain27:
    Udafed,
    That is a very nice Velocity, However it is turning a 29 Hydro that was from a Lab shop, Also PB did not say how long it took to get to that speed, 1 mile?? 6 miles??? Also 4500lbs is very light for a 28' boat They are either using materials no one else is using or less material?? I currently spin a 26 hydro and I am slow on plane, radar 75, I hit the rev lim w/500efi, but to spin a 29??? with a stock 500efi in a 28' boat?? Allot of questions.

Lee
    I have a single HP500efi in a 32' V bottom and spin a 28" Bravo I to 5150 RPM.
    Also the boat jumps up on plane without using the tabs.
    [This message has been edited by Lee (edited February 14, 2002).]

HavasuDreamin'
    I don't own a stern drive boat, but I do know that Howard had a blown 509 or similar to hit 104 MPH. My .02, for the money you are going to drop, pick two or three boats you like REALLY well and test ride/drive them. Talk to the owners of the manufactures. If you like the Velocity the best, but for some reason you find out it is 1 or 2 MPH slower, don't worry about it. In a Vee, your never going to be the fastest boat on the lake anyway. Good Luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast