Thread: MSD Programmable Launch (pn7561) with Mag

Beal Motorsports
    I just got off the phone with MSD about their launch control (pn7561). They said that it will not work with a mag without some sort of retard box because the signal feeds off the coil signal on a pro mag and since that is what the launch control limits it will not work. I know some of you run this unit. What retard box are you running?

Nubbs
    This may be a stupid question, but what do you use launch control for in a jet boat???

Beal Motorsports
    Controlling the rpm and consistency on the the hole shot.

Nubbs
    Thanks

Beal Motorsports
    needless to say, with a an aluminum rodded 565 blown on alcohol she tends to rev awful fast. Plus the placecraft really likes to nose up. So I peddle it a bit and then consistency goes out the window................

sdba069
    I opted not to run the mag. I built a trigger wheel adapter and run a crank trigger and 7AL-2 box. Couldn't see paying the $350 -$400 for the RCD deal. I just turned the bottom pulley spacer down on the front to fit the MSD wheel, no problem. I went ahead and double pinned the trigger wheel so there would be no chance of it turning and getting out of time if I were changing the bottom pulley. If you don't believe the 7 AL deal works, ask any body whose seen it run.

blownalky557
    I run the MSD Pro Mag 20 with the 8106 Points Box, 7561 Programmable Launch Controller, 8132 Pro Mag Tach Converter.

Beal Motorsports
    We ran the 7al 3 with the crank trigger before on our gas motor. Believe it or not we picked up a gew hundreths changing to the mag.
    Plus I am sharing parts with our promod, and since its running a mag, Its only smart to run the same parts for spares sake.