Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My boat is too loud to launch HELP!!

Howard_Girl
    HI,
    Just bought a 2003 Howard cat with a 509 supercharged..... I love it..... but I went to launch at main Havasu launch and I can't pass their noise test.... I am at 92 decibles in idol..... I don't want to change it much just enough to pass for the launch and channel and quick easy fixes>>>
    Thanks for the help just a girl boater hee hee

Havasu Hangin'
    Windsor.
    F-the Marina.

Howard_Girl
    what about the channel can I go thru there still???? (As long as I don't g4et caught??? )

ClownRoyal
    Windsor.
    F-the Marina.
    Ditto

Havasu Hangin'
    The jackasses at the Marina do not write tickets.
    There are lots of boats over the limit out there. The police usually won't hassle you, unless you do something dumb like pop a rev under the bridge, or toss a beer bottle into the police boat.

Howard_Girl
    well....I have been known to do dumb things before but I am glad to hear that I don't have to quiet down the boat I love it loud

Beer-30
    Well, you can either buy mufflers for it :skull:
    Or, just launch at Windsor. We are boycotting Havasu Marina for this reason. They technically don't have the right to regulate noise on the lake, so they saw you coming. Lesson learned.
    I am 91.5 and launch at Windsor every time. Idled through the channel with the patrol boat right behind me. Never looked at me twice. In fact, apparently my wife was driving TOO SLOW thru the channel and they passed us up.
    So, did I mention don't launch at Havasu Marina?

Fast Freddy
    HI,
    Just bought a 2003 Howard cat with a 509 supercharged..... I love it..... but I went to launch at main Havasu launch and I can't pass their noise test.... I am at 92 decibles in idol..... I don't want to change it much just enough to pass for the launch and channel and quick easy fixes>>>
    Thanks for the help just a girl boater hee hee
    that is major buzz kill. so do they check for every boat that goes in the water now or what? i assume that they are doin this every weekend now? if so its gonna take forever to get on the water come memorial weekend. is the marina launch site on the island? i have always launched at windsor

Beer-30
    Well, they did it all last year. No reason to think it will be better this year.
    DON'T LAUNCH THERE!!!!!

Howard_Girl
    Don't think they check every boat I was actually pulling away when the gate nazi stopped me after I paid and said that he thought my boat would be too loud with the way it is set up that I need to go to lane one and have tested by his partner law there..... It was a joke the guy took a while to figure the tester out then said you got to be able to make it quiter than that I told him no but he didn't believe me so I reveved it really high and pissed him off actually.... HEE HEE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast