Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My boat is too loud to launch HELP!!

Howard_Girl
    Windsor my new launch !!!!!!

Fast Freddy
    Well, they did it all last year. No reason to think it will be better this year.
    DON'T LAUNCH THERE!!!!!
    this kali police state crap is just like whats been goin on at the sand dunes in glamis. if they get away with this enforcement here at the marina its just a matter of time b4 all launch ramps on lake havasu are policed like this. this is a major problem 4 real.

Fast Freddy
    so are they doing noise checks for all boats prior to entering in the channel now too?

MAINEVENT
    Don't think they check every boat I was actually pulling away when the gate nazi stopped me after I paid and said that he thought my boat would be too loud with the way it is set up that I need to go to lane one and have tested by his partner law there..... It was a joke the guy took a while to figure the tester out then said you got to be able to make it quiter than that I told him no but he didn't believe me so I reveved it really high and pissed him off actually.... HEE HEE
    LMAO i like you style.... :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
    this kali police state crap is just like whats been goin on at the sand dunes in glamis. if they get away with this enforcement here at the marina its just a matter of time b4 all launch ramps on lake havasu are policed like this. this is a major problem 4 real.
    Havasu Marina = private
    Windsor = State Park
    The Marina has no right to police noise enforcement- I have a letter from the Governor of Arizona stating that they have no right to restrict boat access due to noise or length.
    There were rumors tat the Park Police may test some boats, but I'm not sure how they'd carry out the test from behind the boat while standing on the ramp...lol.

Howard_Girl
    so is anyone going to be in Havasu this weekend???? I will since ......well..... I live for the lake and always have plus I love my new toy !!!

Havasu Hangin'
    so is anyone going to be in Havasu this weekend???? I will since ......well..... I live for the lake and always have plus I love my new toy !!!
    I'm going next weekend to kick the tires and light the fires.
    The water is high right now..so the Nautical ramp works (if your staying there).

Phat Matt
    I have never had a problem at Windsor. I have stock HO's with no mufflers so I am sure I am over the limit, but I don't plan on putting on mufflers.
    Post some pics too newbie.

Charley
    The police usually won't hassle you, unless you do something dumb like pop a rev under the bridge, or toss a beer bottle into the police boat.
    I remember when doing this wasn't a big deal as long as the beer was cold and closed, whats this world coming to?

don johnson
    You might consider some Teague switchable mufflers. I have them on mine and they are awesome. Quite when you need them to be and zero HP loss when open.
    They also really calm the idle down when on and make docking a lot easier....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast