Sorry for the long post, I'm venting.
My 2003 F-250 completely shuts off while driving to work this morning. No steering, no breaks, and cars coming up fast behind me with no emergency lane. I had to sit there and hope they wouldn't rear end me. I'm ready to call the police & tow truck when all of a sudden it just starts up like nothing happened and runs fine so I pull off and drive slow the last mile to work
The mechanics said nothing showed up on the diagnostics check, but this doesn't give me piece of mind. If I had my family with me and I was towing the boat to the river on a busy freeway we'd could be hurt or dead . He agreed something needed to be done but he could do nothing because the computers showed nothing wrong.
He said I would have to call Ford directly and file a grievence. Has anyone had any similar situations like this that could lend a helping hand into which direction I should go? What qualifies a vehicle as being a lemon? I've had numerous problems but the computer always shows nothing is wrong. Since the computer shows nothing wrong, they look at me like I'm a liar and say, "If it happens again, just bring it in and we'll fix it for you." If this happens again, is a big f@#*ing "IF" when it's my life on the line. I'm not putting down FORD, I still love mine, I just want one that is safe. I know alot of you are FORD owners on here so any information is greatly appreciated.