Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Is my F-250 a Lemon?

TheEduKATor
    Sorry for the long post, I'm venting.
    My 2003 F-250 completely shuts off while driving to work this morning. No steering, no breaks, and cars coming up fast behind me with no emergency lane. I had to sit there and hope they wouldn't rear end me. I'm ready to call the police & tow truck when all of a sudden it just starts up like nothing happened and runs fine so I pull off and drive slow the last mile to work
    The mechanics said nothing showed up on the diagnostics check, but this doesn't give me piece of mind. If I had my family with me and I was towing the boat to the river on a busy freeway we'd could be hurt or dead . He agreed something needed to be done but he could do nothing because the computers showed nothing wrong.
    He said I would have to call Ford directly and file a grievence. Has anyone had any similar situations like this that could lend a helping hand into which direction I should go? What qualifies a vehicle as being a lemon? I've had numerous problems but the computer always shows nothing is wrong. Since the computer shows nothing wrong, they look at me like I'm a liar and say, "If it happens again, just bring it in and we'll fix it for you." If this happens again, is a big f@#*ing "IF" when it's my life on the line. I'm not putting down FORD, I still love mine, I just want one that is safe. I know alot of you are FORD owners on here so any information is greatly appreciated.

NastyOne
    Found On Road Dead

revpuffdaddy
    Is it a diesel? If so, it is the main fuse. Happened to several of my friends Ford diesels.

HCS
    It kind of sucks. They have to be able to duplicate the problem
    to be able pin point it.
    Your truck may have to stall all together and be towed in before
    they can solve the problem.
    For lemon law to take effect you have to have a problem and
    prove it can't be repaired by the dealer. Usually the samething
    over and over again.
    I had one guy with a Ford truck that had breaks that pulled to the
    right and the dealer couldn't fix it after 5 trys.
    He found out online that it was a problem Ford was having with
    all trucks like his. After getting consumer affairs involved he was
    able to roll it back in under the lemon law.

TheEduKATor
    revpuffdaddy,
    It's only a V-10, I know I should have went with the diesel though.

Jungle Boy
    If your's is a diesel it sounds like what was happening to my truck. An exhaust pipe by-pass dealy that closes when it's warming up. Hard to explain, but when it's sitting in the driveway warming up. The idle kicks up a couple 100 RPM and as soon as you tap the brake it goes back to a normal idle. It was this module that was screwing up on mine. That's what they told me. Mine did the same thing. It would freak me out when it happened; you'd just coast down to an stop and wait for a couple of minutes. Easy fix at the dealer. It took about 1 hr. Might be the same deal with yours.
    OOPS - I just seen that's it's a V-10.

dimarcobros
    I am not sure if this helps but that use to happen on my old truck, '79. Turns out it was a wire that connected to the starter. It owuld shut off like that then all of a sudden a couple of minutes later it would fire no problem.
    DMB

TheEduKATor
    HARDCORE-SKI,
    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping it doesn't do it again.

mmered8299
    This web site might have more info for you .....http://www.thedieselstop.com

77charger
    Originally posted by TheEduKATor
    The mechanics said nothing showed up on the diagnostics check, but this doesn't give me piece of mind. If I had my family with me and I was towing the boat to the river on a busy freeway we'd could be hurt or dead . He agreed something needed to be done but he could do nothing because the computers showed nothing wrong.
    . What do they go to school for.This is the lamest excuse that comes from mechanics today.If it doesnt show on their 100k(maybe more im guesing) computer they cant do nothing abou it.Th3en you warranty expires then they can somehow figure it out for a fee.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast