Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone used a better loader grate?

sleekvino
    i was wondering if any one has taken off the stock loder grate and bought the one that cpperformance sells.

Heatseeker
    Most guys run some type of loader. For my last boat, I bought a used V-blocker style and gained 5 mph off the bat. I cut down the length of the v and picked up another 2 mph. I'm going with an open style for my newest project.
    Definately a good investment IMHO.

ChetCapoli
    i have seen changes of up to 8mph when i was messing with loaders(6 different ones) on my boat. I was lucky to be able to test and tune with borrowed ones. Ones you would expect to give big improvements were a waste of time, while pretty basic ones worked the best. I would try someone elses before spending alot of money to be disappointed.
    CHET

fullwood
    can some of you other guys that have used loaders chime in and give us less knowledable boaters some advice. Is a loader always faster, or maybe in some applications slower?

fullwood
    another dumb question, can you overload a impellor?

cal perf 19
    Call Jack @ MPD he's got it down to a science!
    lol BK

HBjet
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    Ones you would expect to give big improvements were a waste of time, while pretty basic ones worked the best.
    sleekvino, becareful with statments like this and realize every boat is different, so every loader is going to work differently with every hull/power combination and the water conditions you boat in will also play a part on choosing the right loader.
    Find a shop you are happy working with and ask to try out some different loaders until you find the one that works best for you. Jack at MPD does seem to have a pretty good idea of what loader works best with what you have/want. Even though Jack had a pretty good idea on what loader would work for me, he still gave me a couple to try out and see what I was happy with.
    Not to start a flaming match, but be careful when it comes to loader advice from ChetCapoli. He ran his boat with the loader installed backwards a few times before he knew it wasn't suppose to be like that.
    HBjet

cruser
    Yes it is possible to overload an impeller but the results won't be disastrous, just inefficient. Unless the overload is because you motor just locked up at high speed.
    cruzer

LVjetboy
    I agree with cruser. I think my loader's a bit deep and possibly overloading the intake. So I may gain speed by cutting the leading edges. On the other hand, I get one hellofa bite in the rough which is what lake jets need. I won't trade a couple more mph for less rough water handling. Some choices depend on your application as HBjet posted.
    jer

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet
    Not to start a flaming match, but be careful when it comes to loader advice from ChetCapoli. He ran his boat with the loader installed backwards a few times before he knew it wasn't suppose to be like that.
    HBjet
    LMAO!! you not start a flaming match?? come on now buddy who you kiddin? If your shop "lends" thier stuff out which i find hard to believe(unless your spending money that is) then sleekvino should run right over there. All i was saying is people run right out to CP and buy those loaders for $150 bucks or so and get nothing out of it but an empty wallet. I know that wouldnt bother you but to some people that matters. How many shops do you know let you try 6 or 7 loaders BEFORE even thinking about buying one eh?? Wonder if you can find one bud. Bet you can't. ol squeeky here did though... . Call it looking around and being aware of whats out there. Maybe you should try it sometime hmm??
    As far as my loader being in backwards....have you ever seen a JR intake moneybags?? I originally had one but got rid of it if you remember correctly. You need to take a look at one(you might have to look UNDERNEATH a boat or two to find one sometimes) and tell me what you see before talking smack. Obviously, you cant run a regular intake loader in a normal intake in backwards. Maybe you dont know that either, you take the "white gloves" road on that too and have people do it for ya....like always. Called "writen da check" in your book! BLING BLING!
    CHET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast