Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Cyclone

cyclone
    Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
    Personally I would like to see more pictures of girls in your boat but then again thats just me.
    me too.

MAXIMUS
    Flatbroke I made the plate identical, however it is thicker & stiffer! For those who just jumped in on this thread I am talking about my ride plate! My old plate was burned pretty bad with the center sucked out of it! I think the angle I was measuring off of was not proper! Like I said I have just been having fun with the boat so I will need to get the notes out & start a new test session! I am pretty sure that I can achieve 115 with the current boost & weight of the set up. It will just take some more finessing... 572 I wan't my old plate back!!!:frown:
    Edge tell eliminata to be careful! If he needs any help he has my #

572Daytona
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    572 I wan't my old plate back!!!:frown:
    Ya mean this one? You wouldn't want it, I hear it is warped in the center. Good to hear you got your boat out, I take it no more engine problems? I haven't touched mine all winter, my starter needs fixing as well. I keep trying to figure out a way that I can quit my job so I have more time to play but everytime I run the numbers it looks like I still have to keep working. Maybe if I apply a correction factor to my finances it will look better
    http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn0153e.jpg

LVjetboy
    Dan, I already had your new numbers, but thanks for the post. Still planning on freeboard. With all this fast company, I may be seeing the back end of more than one jet. I think these boards have raised the bar over the years. Remember this old thread?
    Century Jet (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...entury+AND+Jet)
    jer

Pretty cool thread. I remember seeing that one. All those responses and no bashing, flaming etc............amazing!

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by 572Daytona
    Ya mean this one? You wouldn't want it, I hear it is warped in the center. Good to hear you got your boat out, I take it no more engine problems? I haven't touched mine all winter, my starter needs fixing as well. I keep trying to figure out a way that I can quit my job so I have more time to play but everytime I run the numbers it looks like I still have to keep working. Maybe if I apply a correction factor to my finances it will look better
    http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn0153e.jpg
    Just let me know when you are ready to step up! That old low power pos of yours could use a jet lift! I'll bet if you come visit so cal we can make that baby run a bill! The GPS's work better out here...

572Daytona
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    Just let me know when you are ready to step up! That old low power pos of yours could use a jet lift! I'll bet if you come visit so cal we can make that baby run a bill! The GPS's work better out here...
    What can I say, I've only got a single carb, low compression POS, no blower, no alcohol, no nitrous. I would bet the UT's lawn mower is making more HP than I am. Maybe I should drop the 455 OLDS from the Tahiti in there, at least it is running some compression. I've heard that about so cal, everthing's is inflated, Real Estate Prices, Taxes, GPS numbers and Tits I'm sure you get 5mph just by going with the current at Parker, right :wink:

flat broke
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    Dan, I already had your new numbers, but thanks for the post. Still planning on freeboard. With all this fast company, I may be seeing the back end of more than one jet. I think these boards have raised the bar over the years. Remember this old thread?
    Century Jet (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...entury+AND+Jet)
    jer
    My how things have changed since that thread. Some of us have really stepped things up with the engine programs, others have started new projects all together. The bottom line, 100 is still a tough nut to crack in a jet, but there are more and more folks every year who are pulling it off.
    My favorite part of that thread... Absolutely no bashing, and just honest enthusiasm for a good idea. After taking that little trip back in time, it would be hard for anyone to argue that the HB boards haven't gotten more negative and less informative.
    Chris

LVjetboy
    Well, that was one of the happier threads. I was still mixin' it up with jroos and DTJ back then
    The Dragn ran 72 mph, Squirtcha 62, and some faster guys:
    Rat Raft: 81.8
    PCRat: 79
    JeffT: 88.8
    Century jets were rare. GS never did that article.
    jer

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021