Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strange objects in the California desert...

Mandelon
    Sunday we were out running the Jeep near Ocotillo and we came across this thing.....some sort of marker I assume......no electrical connections on it. It was anchored with rebar to the ground.
    Any ideas.....?????
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...04_077-med.jpg

Stupid Fast
    Mabey an areial survey target? But it does not look like any I have ever seen.....

Jbb
    Solar refueling station ....For the Robots....I told you before....The Metal ones are Coming....!.....

hboldno7
    Thats a trip !! Were the clear parts plexy glass or some sort of screen? I would guess it is some sort of marker for aircraft. Is there an airforce base around there?

Mandelon
    The clear is really just a perforated mesh. There was a survey marker not too far away so that might be it. But who would bother with such a big thing like that?
    Border Patrol had a temp roadblock set up about a mile away.....
    (Insert eerie music here)........woooooooo...eeeeeeee oooooooo.
    This tub and car door were about 3/4 of a mile away.......hard to believe that is really a bath tub.......well, WAS a bath tub.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...04_065-med.jpg

NastyOne
    Maybe its a sun dial.... or not.

Stupid Fast
    It could also be from some dude that thought...Lets put this in the desert, so people will go nuts wondering what the hell it is.........

GASHGAZER
    that looks like some kind of radar reflector, they may be doing high precision scans of the desert with a method called Lidar which is a remote sensing aerial survey that provides a whole lot more info than a standard photo. Since you say there were survey markers, that sounds good to me. I wish I could land one of these government surveys... big bucks for minimal work!!

Because of its shape with so many right angles could it be a lazer type targeting deal. Where by the laser would bounce back. Is it located in an area that could have been used for military targeting or firing range?
    with all the exmilitary guys on the boards ..have they ever seen anything like that?

HalletDave
    Strange objects in the California desert...
    Rich,
    It sure looks a lot like some of the RADAR reflectors we have out on some of the RADAR Fidelity and Geometric Ranges at Edwards.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast