Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: high speed spin

mike stevens
    I'm new to jet boating and I'm after some infomation on doing "hamilton turns" (turning the boat in its own length). I was wondering about the technique used to execute one of these turns safely? Thanks..

Liberator TJ1984
    At wide open , jump a large wake sideways and bury a sponson..should work just fine maybe only once though

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by mike stevens
    I'm new to jet boating and I'm after some infomation on doing "hamilton turns" (turning the boat in its own length). I was wondering about the technique used to execute one of these turns safely? Thanks..
    Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility for your actions attempting this manuever......
    to perform the move you are talking about accelerate to approx 45-50mph in a straight line. back off the throttle completely and turn wheel completely left or right. apply full throttle while holding wheel turned and hang on. boat should 'swap ends' very quickly. this action can be very dangerous but very fun. make sure all passengers are aware of your intentions prior to doing it. It is very easy to pitch people doing this as they don't have a steering wheel to hang onto.
    I suggest you try this manuever alone until you get a good feel for the boat then you can add more speed/people.
    Omega

mike stevens
    Yes, disclaimer accepted. Sounds a bit dangerous eh. I think I might just hoon around for a while and get some hours up before I try any stunts like that. Thanks for your input

Jet Hydro
    Are you guy`s NUT`S?:eek!:

fourspeednup
    I've done it a couple times but not on purpose
    Attempted to roost a bunch of birds sitting in the water, cranked the wheel a little too far and used a little too much gas.
    Just remember that you'll be going backwards with the bow in the air and the transom will most likely go underwater.....better hope that engine didn't stall or you'll be going for an unexpected swim:eek!: :eek!:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    famous last words.....hold my beer and watch this. I'm not admitting to nothing
    Omega

cyclone
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    my last Rogers had a really deep vee-bottom. not real fast but man did it turn good. it was more like a stunt boat. you could go 50mph and just crank the wheel to either side and turn. as long as you kept your foot on the gas, the ass end wouldnt go under the water and the boat would just 180 and go the other way. definately not fun for passengers but its a blast when you're by yourself.

bilgewiper
    I used to do that in both my Wriedt and my Keaton jets. It was easy and my transom never went under. I did it at around 30-35mph. Back off the gas, full lock turn, and nail it! It didn't matter if they had rudders or not, Just turn to the side that has the most weight on it and hold on. Water usually comes over the bow though.

fourspeednup
    Damn, when mine went around I remember looking straight down the bow which was 2-3 ft underwater, then the ass end settled and I was looking straight up at the clouds. Looked back to see water pouring in over both sides and transom.
    Won't be doing that again anytime soon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast