Thread: Marine carpet adhesive???

DickDanger
    Anyone know of a website where I can order a gallon of Landaus Top Adhesive, (or some other quality product) and have it delivered to my house? Does Rex Marine, or any other parts website sell this stuff for shipping? Please give me a website address, or a phone number. Thanks...-DD Out

cruser
    Come on, Boise isn't that far in the sticks. They do have a Home Depot there. They should have something that will work.
    cruzer

Ken F
    Dick,
    I just used regular carpet adhesive for indoor/outdoor carpet that you can get from any lumber/hardware store, and it has worked just fine. use a little disposable carpet trowel with 3/16" notches, and go to town.
    Ken F

DickDanger
    Didnt know if I had to use a marine specific adhesive, thats why I asked. I will give the indoor/outdoor stuff the business, and see how it works.....thanks. -DD Out

1Bahnerjet
    You just need Something that sez Water Proof. 3M has a Spray Adhesive like that (comes in a Can). Hey how BIG is your Boat don't think you would need a Gallon.

Chris J
    I asked a local marina when I did mine and they said use any indoor/out door carpet glue. Make sure you get a trowel with a sturdy steel blade. The glue is very thick, a plastic trowel will bend and you will end up using twice as much glue. A good trowel is only about $3. I easily used a full gallon on my boat.

quiet riot
    Ace hardware has a carpet glue called Henry's. Its a water based glue that dries to be waterproof. I've used it with good luck and like it much better than the solvent based glues as you don't pass out when in tight areas breathing the fumes and it has a longer working time which allows you to stretch and move things around much eaiser. You can put glue down over a large area and then lay the carpet down and have lotsa time to fit it just right. It has a slight amonia type smell like floor cleaner or such, but works really good and saves time.
    jd

Originally posted by quiet riot
    Ace hardware has a carpet glue called Henry's. Its a water based glue that dries to be waterproof. I've used it with good luck and like it much better than the solvent based glues as you don't pass out when in tight areas breathing the fumes and it has a longer working time which allows you to stretch and move things around much eaiser. You can put glue down over a large area and then lay the carpet down and have lotsa time to fit it just right. It has a slight amonia type smell like floor cleaner or such, but works really good and saves time.
    jd
    yep this is the way to go did mine a couple weeks ago!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000288-med.jpg

miketsouth
    I have used Henry's successfully. Make sure it tacks up (follow the directions) I got a little hasty once and it bled thru the carpet.
    mikeT