Thread: casale v-drive gears

mike t
    Can anyone tell me how tro figure out what model casale I have. It's in a 1971 Schiada hull. I haven't seen any identification tag, markings on it at all.

DaveA
    Welcome to the v-drive forum... now you dunnit...
    You've probably got what's commonly referred to as a split-case Casale. If the mounting plate is sandwiched between the two case halves, and the halves themselves are an oval shape, then that's what you've got. If it's a square box, then it's a top-loader Casale. It's usually found in older boats and predated the split-case version. If it's got a mounting tube/shaft sticking out of each side in the direction of each stringer, then it's a C500, typically used in heavier cabin boats or 21'+ daycruisers.
    If you wanted to overhaul your box, you've come to the right place- there's guys on this board that can talk you thru this stuff, Tom Bentley of Menkins is a member (he's got all the overhaul stuff, trick parts and boat-loads of brains about Casales) and we've got some data sheets and exploded views floating around here somewhere.
    Any adjustments to what I said above will follow at the hands of those more knowledgeable than I.
    DaveA

Sangster

V-Drive Tom
    Mike, You can give me a call if you still need any help. TOM.. 530-885-0531
    By the way, what Dave A. explaned Is correct. So look it over and give me a call if you like.