Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery help

shadow
    Lifeline is the brand I use,I don't think you'll find an alternator to keep up.and yes your wife won't be able to lift this battery into the boat.External battery at night and you don't have to worry about the alt situation. Lifeline batteries are sealed,fiberglass matt. they can be mounted sideways,upside down,on end, no worries about leaking.If you charge them properly they claim they will last 10 years.I've gone to bed forgot to charge mine and the next day cranked again with no problems.The generator set up looks like a sweet set up,other than that to me there is no other battery solution,this set up has never let me down,as i've seen others with any amount of power to their system shutting down at some point throughout the day.

Essex29
    Originally posted by shadow
    Lifeline is the brand I use,I don't think you'll find an alternator to keep up.and yes your wife won't be able to lift this battery into the boat.External battery at night and you don't have to worry about the alt situation. Lifeline batteries are sealed,fiberglass matt. they can be mounted sideways,upside down,on end, no worries about leaking.If you charge them properly they claim they will last 10 years.I've gone to bed forgot to charge mine and the next day cranked again with no problems.The generator set up looks like a sweet set up,other than that to me there is no other battery solution,this set up has never let me down,as i've seen others with any amount of power to their system shutting down at some point throughout the day.
    What exactly are you running for 8 hours?? And on how many 8d's?

ROZ
    Originally posted by TheGreyGoose
    What exactly are you running for 8 hours?? And on how many 8d's?
    His stereo (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=41974)

Essex29
    full throttle for 8 hours.....impressive! Post some specifics on the battery charge time, cost etc.
    By the way Nice looking system!

shadow
    Charge time completely drained is about 25 hrs at 10amp charge.
    Rarely do mine ever get that low.I,ve got 2 in my boat but normally only rely on one.Second is for back up or for long weekends without any charging.With the two I can crank 3 days no charge but normally like to charge every night when boat is back on the trailer.They used to cost about $500 and I think now
    they in the $300-$400 range.I'm not at home now but will get more info and post later.The downside is weight,size and initial cost.But how much will 4 optimas run you then another $100 each
    for billet hold downs.You do the math.No matter how low they get ,the piece of mind knowing my boats still gonna start makes it
    all worth it to me.

shadow
    In case anybody is interested,Here's who to call and the phone.
    I talked with him this am and I belive he will take care of Hot boat
    members.Just tell him Darrell sent you.
    Dave-(626)969-6886.
    They retail for about $430 and he said he'll let em go for $390

Essex29
    What charger are you using?

shadow
    the way I charge mine is with your typical roll around charger.Kinda big to lift in and out of the boat,but you can extend the cables and leave it on the ground.There is a chart as to exactly how to charge these batteries.by checking the voltage with a multimeter then refering to the chart,this tell you exactly how long to charge without over or under charging it.I'll pm you with my # give me a call.

locogringo
    as Roz mentioned, I run a 8D also though it is an Interstate. I almost bought the Lifeline but didn't think it was completely sealed. I will probably trade out to the Lifeline model instead now that I know that. I also run two Interstate 24's (or 27 ,not sure of the difference) for backup. I've been running this setup for quite a while with no problems at all.
    Total watts are right under 5000. They do weigh alot so if you are greatly concerned with speed, this may not be the way to go. I do get 72 in a 29 Magic though with a 500HP so I don't think the 140 pounds did that much damage.
    Good luck in your endeavors.
    Loco.

h2oski2fast
    Originally posted by shadow
    I used to kill 4 optimas in less than an hour.my solution was one
    battery Lifeline appears to be your average 8d but it's not.weighs about 130 lbs.last weekend cranked my system for about 8hrs straight at full throttle (distorted!) and still started the boat.I've got 2 of them never had to use the second in an 8hr session.this is the third year cranking no problem.pm me if your interested
    That's because your amps keep shuttin down!!!!!!
    BTW....... That's my 3rd or 4th favorite paint job!!!!!!
    See ya at the Heatwave!
    Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12