Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Charging 502 Mag.

Dave F
    whipple

mister460
    Dave just wanted to say "whipple." Hey, that is kinda fun! Whipple!

27 Fever

27 Fever
    Thanks for all the warnings, I tried to do some research before I purchased the Vortech System. I spoke with Bob Teague& Joey Griffin they both had real great things to say about the system. Bob Endress, the designer really put a lot of work into the system. Yes it does have a large innercooler,separate fuel pump,and re-programed ECM. They are pretty new to the market, but I hope to have a good report for you all.

INDY27
    27 Fever How about the Vortech?Tell us how she runs!
    [This message has been edited by INDY27 (edited July 15, 2001).]

gimprvr
    Well? How'd she do? Were all eager to know, did she blow?

INDY27
    I think 27 Fever was just blowing SMOKE!

ponponracing
    He guys,
    and this is just my opinion, and I don't know how good you think it is, but whatever you put on those turkey, (read motors), to make them give more power without any modifications is called a bandaid. Maybe it will work, particularly in small boat application where you wont go WOT (wide open throttle) for a long period of time, but remember your motor was not prepared for such a demand. If it works for your boat, you should thank God.
    It's a common situation that people spend a lot of money on their rig and don't want to spend the big money performance motors cost, so they look for a bandaid. But when you run a big boat that can keep high rpm for a long period of time, because that particular rig is stable at any speed, it won't last. Period.
    Every new boating season, there is a new guy coming with a new awsome 40 footer that has been sold with one of those easy bolt on power, and it doesn't last. And I'm not talking about months, I'm talking about hours.
    Every year, there are a couple of rookies doing Poker Run that were convinced those bolt on power gain would work, and they finish their day of boating being tow back home.
    That's how it is. I'm not God. Thanks. But that, I know it for sure. If you don't agree, keep dreaming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12