Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Boats

bigq
    Originally posted by shadow
    Originally i was furious Now I just think what a pile of shit!
    There are several copies out there now,What can you do?I know if I copied someones graphics and saw them out boating I'd feel like a total moroon and I hope they do.I wonder if maybe they need my input with thier old ladies too?
    Sorry for jacking the thread.
    Must be a lot of morons then. Once a manufacture makes a scheme I see a lot that are the same. As for Cheetah I doubt Bob said hey look at that Ultra lets copy it. I am sure it was a customer that like your scheme and had them do it, so Bob is a pile for doing what a customer ask?

shadow
    **** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Similar,OK
    Flip flopp the colors,Ok
    And by the way it's not the only one he's done.
    But keep in mind no matter how hard they try they don't have the skills nor the talent to do an exact copy of Ultra.

shadow
    Oh Yeah, Did the customer also ask Bob to use it in his add also?
    How unoriginal can you get?

Boozer
    So you had a bad ass paint scheme that someone else wanted and had put on their boat.
    If you don't want someone to copy something of yours then don't have something done that's worth copying.
    I say you do your next boat in a solid pink gel coat with yellow and purple poke a dots. If someone copies that then they have bigger issues then just being a copy cat.

shadow
    no offense boozer.
    How about air brushed on the bow peewee herman spanking his
    monkey on bobs face?
    :
    Keep in mind I'm not gonna sit here and bag on bob all day,I don't want this to turn into a pissin match.I just feel it's wrong thats all.several others have copied it too and unless I start on them it's not fair to just bag on bob.so I'm gonna let it go here.

Boozer
    no offense boozer.
    How about air brushed on the bow peewee herman spanking his
    monkey on bobs face?
    :
    Keep in mind I'm not gonna sit here and bag on bob all day,I don't want this to turn into a pissin match.I just feel it's wrong thats all.several others have copied it too and unless I start on them it's not fair to just bag on bob.so I'm gonna let it go here.
    If you did that I would HAVE to copy you. But he'd spanking his moneky on RD's face not Bob's.

dicudmore
    **** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Similar,OK
    Flip flopp the colors,Ok
    And by the way it's not the only one he's done.
    But keep in mind no matter how hard they try they don't have the skills nor the talent to do an exact copy of Ultra.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
    I've seen a Cheetah boat that had similar graphics as yours but was red/yellow not purple. I hear they built one of each.

shadow
    I'm not flattered!
    When you step up and spend a grip of money on a boat it should say something about yourself and your ideas,not someone elses ideas.Simple minds don't flatter me.
    Let me ask you this,would you take the cover of hot boat mag down and say copy this for me?

dicudmore
    personally no.....
    and i completely agree that there should be something to set your boat apart from others.
    However I know I don't have the only red, white, blue boat on the river

shadow
    Glad to hear you wouldn't copy!As for not being the only red,white and blue boat out there,thats great it's an awsome theme,The thing that sets yours apart is that it's not an exact copy of someone elses.There can be alot of red,white and blue boats out there with thier own idea and not the same as the next.I'm not trying to patent purple and orange.Use purple and orange or any other color,just use your own ideas.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast