Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remote

mbrown2
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    I know Toby said that Sony is a sub standard units but I've had good luck with them. I've been super happy with my MP70 and is unskipable. Matter of fact that's all I've every had in my boats is Sony head units. I deify any one can tell me the difference is sound quality between a Sony and a top of the line Alpine. To me it doesn't make sense to pay big bucks for a expensive head unit that does the same thing as a $250 Sony.
    Ditto...I am running Sony Headunits in two boats, and they work great....If we are talking SQ in a closed setting, some techy might be able to tell the diff, but floating and running in open water, my headunit at the same volume levels as my buddies Clarion units sound the same...my .02

TOBTEK
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Ditto...I am running Sony Headunits in two boats, and they work great....If we are talking SQ in a closed setting, some techy might be able to tell the diff, but floating and running in open water, my headunit at the same volume levels as my buddies Clarion units sound the same...my .02
    id agree with both of you guys on S/Q....BUT I've PERSONALY broken more sony products than I care to remember. AND I know its coming.....if you hate the stuff why did you keep getting sony? the answer....it was SUPER inexpensive threw a buddy that worked at sony. All my sony tv's (XBR 36" flatscreen) broken...VCR's broken, headunits....broken......phone's....broken
    I just personally think the quality ISNT there! NOW, that said I bought some bling'ing SONY headunit and Tony/westcoat NOW at ELIMINATOR boats installed this over the winter. So far its been good, sounds good, and the access tech remotes works because its HARDWIRED to the sony headunit

BoatFloating
    I've heard the stories but I've been lucky. Hope your Sony luck changes Toby

TOBTEK
    ...Originally posted by BoatFloating
    I've heard the stories but I've been lucky. Hope your Sony luck changes Toby
    me too......although it was intermitent at Havasu a few weeks back. Do you think it could have been the constant pounding and clearing the doubles or maybe the non-stop gallons of water coming over the front and into my face:eek!: as they they said in the move JAWS...."I think we need a bigger boat"

BoatFloating
    It must of been the unit. If it wasn't big enough to sink ya then it should of played the whole time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123