Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Head Gaskets

058:
    HeavyHitter:
    There's a new copper gasket with print-o-seal around all the water passages. The biggest secret to helping copper gaskets to seal water is receiver groove the block so that the wire on the head has somewhere to compress the copper into. HeavyHitter, Who makes those gaskets? SCE make's em. They'll be in our product line shortly. I've already seen the samples and they look great. Water leakage has for years been the big drawback with copper and this should solve it "easily" without farting around with a bunch of sealer, silicone, etc.

HeavyHitter:
    058, I need to find out again. A rep told me the company but I've forgotten. I'll let you know as soon as I fnd out. Thanks HH.
    [ December 24, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: 058 ]

Rexone:
    058:
    HeavyHitter:
    There's a new copper gasket with print-o-seal around all the water passages. The biggest secret to helping copper gaskets to seal water is receiver groove the block so that the wire on the head has somewhere to compress the copper into. HeavyHitter, Who makes those gaskets? SCE make's em. They'll be in our product line shortly. I've already seen the samples and they look great. Water leakage has for years been the big drawback with copper and this should solve it "easily" without farting around with a bunch of sealer, silicone, etc. Thanks Mike, Will they be listed in your new catalog? Please put me on your mailing list when you get the catalog out, Bob

dossangers
    superdave013:
    Ian:
    Cheyenne 572 is luckier than most, because cooper head gaskets area a b@*%ch to seal, infact my head guy even has a hell of a time getting them to seal. I recently had a valve job and it took me three tries to get the head gaskets to seal. Everytime I got the motor back together it ran fine on the trailer hooked up to the hose, but as soon as I got going on the river water would start dripping out of the front of the motor (v-drive side). Good luck Try the gaskets that Clay Smit sells. Much better then copper. DITTO THAT o ring with clay smith gaskets BULLET PROOF

superdave013
    dossangers:
    superdave013:
    Ian:
    Cheyenne 572 is luckier than most, because cooper head gaskets area a b@*%ch to seal, infact my head guy even has a hell of a time getting them to seal. I recently had a valve job and it took me three tries to get the head gaskets to seal. Everytime I got the motor back together it ran fine on the trailer hooked up to the hose, but as soon as I got going on the river water would start dripping out of the front of the motor (v-drive side). Good luck Try the gaskets that Clay Smit sells. Much better then copper. DITTO THAT o ring with clay smith gaskets BULLET PROOF Yep, that's how mines done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123