Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Sprint

78 Sprint
    Just wondering why you don't here much about the sprint that eliminator used to make. it seems like you don't even see any used ones for sale, I've seen a few of the bubble decks for sale but not many sprints are the sprints good boats hull, design, and how much hp can they take. what about top speed. I have one just looking for some input. thanks.

MAXIMUS
    I spoke to Jack at MPD in Costa Mesa Ca. 949-631-2040 & he told me that they are good boats, but most or all have a delta pad on the bottom which would need to be reworked. They can become a good performer from there!

I picked up a stripped Eliminator Sprint hull a few years back. Before buying it, I checked with Jack for some info. It appears there were 3 different bottoms- the Delta pad, a rounded keel with center strakes that stopped short of the transom and a rounded keel with full length strakes. The pad bottom was said to be stable into the low to mid-80's. The short strake rounded keel stable into the mid- to high 80's and the full length strake version stable into the low 90's. I'm going with my fading memory here so the numbers may be slightly off from the info given to me.
    The hull I have is the pad-bottom. It actually rides and handles pretty well. Saw a best of 77mph with a moderate 454 and no setup work. Hope to be in the low 80's with the new rideplate setup, diverter and loader.
    I don't think there are anywhere near as many Sprints out there as there are Eliminator bubbledecks. The bubbledeck is probably a more family friendly boat as it has considerably more freeboard than the Sprint.
    Got any pics of yours? I could really use some interior pics to help me decide what to do with mine.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...633SkiBch2.jpg

toad polumsky
    Hey old squirt , what year is your Eliminator. I have a 1973 that is supposed to be a sprint. The back is more rounded and the deck is flatter. Did Eliminator build any other models back then besides the bubble deck and the sprint?

HotRod Sprint
    Hey OS, it almost sounds like Toad is describing my Daytona Sprint, not to be confused with Eliminator Daytona. NEW JB and Toad, post some pics if you got em.
    Rod

Toad, mines a 1980. I remember seeing the thread about yours. Although I certainly don't have any solid answer to your question, I do recall seeing an early 70's Eliminator for sale here in the Bay Area a couple years back. It looked very similar to the pic you posted a few days ago. I have heard the "bubbledeck" referred to as a "Sprint" as well. Might just be a case of name confusion? You might try giving Jack a call at the number Maximus posted. Pretty sure he could shed more light on the subject.

toad polumsky
    I have never posted any pics of my boat. I will try to post some soon.

Hmmmmmm. Must have been someone else asking about a 73 Eliminator. I'll have to see if I can find the pic again.

This is the boat I was referring to. I t belongs to Drunk Tank.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...heap_Trick.jpg

sanger mike
    I had a sprint, just like squirts but it was orange. im not sure what bottom it had but that thing was fast, no ride plate or shoe and it ran in the low 80s with a mild 454. ive seen the boat at berryessea a few times. ill have too dig up some old pics this weekend and scan them for a post. (great boat) and your right theres not many around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast