Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C02 Place Diverter

Beal Motorsports
    I have noticed that most placecrafts have a C02 overide system on the place diverter since they like to nose up really high out of the water on take off. I know I can completely get the intake out of the water on take off if I try.
    To solve this they have put on a co2 cylinder on the diverter to drop it down and then let the pump straighten out the nozzle as it builds speed and pressure.
    Anyone know what psi to put the regulator on the co2 at? Or does it matter?
    Currently I have it locked in the straight position and feather it out of the hole but consistency of a holeshot is a concern. Any info?

sdba069
    Both of ours are at 150 psi.I actually prefer the hydraulic. Air compresses/ liquid doesn't. Even with all the air pressure we have I can still move the diverter nozzle up and down by hand. The air is quicker, but I think the hydraulic is quick enough. We locked out the diverter on the "Miss Calculation" boat and it went quicker, from a 8.00 to a 7.88 in consecutive passes with less the 50' change in density altitude. That's not to say, we could have changed our diverter settings and done better with it. We had an air leak and had to lock out the diverter to make the next round, and by accident it went faster. We could have been waiting too long to activate the up on the diverter and that would not allow the boat to get up on the pad and kill some ET. We had it on a timer that was started at full throttle. I don't remember how much delay we used but it seem to come on as soon as the boat laid down.

sdba069
    As far as getting the boat out of the hole-MSD... PROGRAMMABLE LAUNCH CONTROLLER.............We put it on the wood and let the MSD piece do the work. How about on a 7.90 pass with a 4.30 1/8 mile?

1HOTGMCJET
    Originally posted by sdba069
    As far as getting the boat out of the hole-MSD... PROGRAMMABLE LAUNCH CONTROLLER.............We put it on the wood and let the MSD piece do the work. How about on a 7.90 pass with a 4.30 1/8 mile?
    Not to stir anything up, but how about a Banderlog launch controller instead? MSD did nothing but rip off Jim Lee's design and idea and are now profiting from somebody else's hard work and trouble......having had this happen to me in the past, I have NO patience for the "big boys" who make a buck off the back of the regular working man and would NEVER reward their backstabbing by buying a product they stole.......(steps down from soapbox)!

LVjetboy
    Do launch controllers really work?

cruser
    Helped the launch on my brother's alcohol drag boat. He used to cavitate a AA Aggressor on the line until we installed/programmed the launch controller.
    cruzer

Beal Motorsports
    I am having that problem also. I am slipping an Agressor AA and their AA is a bit larger than the normal AA. I am considering a launch control for consistency. I believe I can pick up several tenths if I can full throttle out of the hole. I also do not want to have to manually mess with the diverter. I was hoping to use air that is always on and have the pump just straighten it out when it builds enough pressure. Then as I shut down it will go back into the down position as pump pressure decreases. Consistency is the key as you know, so the less I have to do down the track the better. For this reason my gate is also sprung in the open position at all times and I just push the foot pedal to close it while I am on a blinking yellow.

cruser
    So, why do you use a diverter? Do you need a lot of up as you go down the track? If you limited the thrust in the first boat length or so would the boat be set and you could leave the diverter straight back?
    cruzer

jweeks123
    Originally posted by cruser
    Helped the launch on my brother's alcohol drag boat. He used to cavitate a AA Aggressor on the line until we installed/programmed the launch controller.
    cruzer
    what did aggressor say about their aa slipping?
    jw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast