Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 600hp at full throttle

mptheriot
    I was just wondering and thought I'd ask all of you folks with more experience than I, just what kind of speed, with the absolutely best set-up, could I expect out of an 18ft Schiada with
    a 454 at appox. 600hp.
    And with a set-up not exactly tuned in?
    I'm thinking it could run past 120mph. Possible or not?

DUCKY
    Hang on, I had to put on my flame-proof suit
    Anyways, I don't know your hull, but if it's a flatty your talking, a decent setup with that kind of power might net you in the low mid 90's, but setup is EVERYTHING. With a piss poor setup the boat might not break 70.......
    120 with 600hp, not very likely.......

cal***boat
    Originally posted by DUCKY
    Hang on, I had to put on my flame-proof suit
    Anyways, I don't know your hull, but if it's a flatty your talking, a decent setup with that kind of power might net you in the low mid 90's, but setup is EVERYTHING. With a piss poor setup the boat might not break 70.......
    120 with 600hp, not very likely.......
    Ditto

Roman 1
    Originally posted by mptheriot
    I was just wondering and thought I'd ask all of you folks with more experience than I, just what kind of speed, with the absolutely best set-up, could I expect out of an 18ft Schiada with
    a 454 at appox. 600hp.
    And with a set-up not exactly tuned in?
    I'm thinking it could run past 120mph. Possible or not?
    Since Schiada never built a runnerbottom, your boat would be a true flat. Most Schiada flats are laid up heavy to further work against your speed goal.
    Excellent boat you have there for circle racing or smooth water ski racing or just running the local lakes.
    Don Due successfully campaigned a Schiada k boat in the early 70's serving notice to the rest of the circle boat world.
    My guess is, it would probably take nearly all of those 600 ponies to hit 90.
    Have fun

LVjetboy
    My 19' jet does 95 with 600 hp. So I should hope so.

Seriously, anytime you ask, "how fast with xxx hp" you need to specify lake power, or rated power. Seems a common misunderstanding.
    jer

396_Z
    What Jer, no chart? I''m freakin bummed now.

LVjetboy
    396, I'll be backing up those charts and numbers on the lakes and rivers this season.

jer

mptheriot
    Originally posted by cal***boat
    [B
    Ditto [/B]
    Have already had it over 90 and still accelerating strong.

mptheriot
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    Since Schiada never built a runnerbottom, your boat would be a true flat. Most Schiada flats are laid up heavy to further work against your speed goal.
    Excellent boat you have there for circle racing or smooth water ski racing or just running the local lakes.
    Don Due successfully campaigned a Schiada k boat in the early 70's serving notice to the rest of the circle boat world.
    My guess is, it would probably take nearly all of those 600 ponies to hit 90.
    Have fun
    Sounds like you know about this boat being heavy
    your right it is, it handles well but developes some stability problems over 85. Once I get that worked out I'll be able to find out what she'll do. I anticipate to exceed 100 as long as the engine continues to run as well as it does now.

Bobbo541
    I ran a 72 hondo flatbottom in 2002 with aprox. 600hp. My best pass was a 10.88 sec. at 91 mph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast