Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scoop oops

Holy crap! This friggin thing didn't look that big in the Summit catalog! I mean yeah, I knew it was big, just not this big.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...9scoopoops.jpg
    My kid put it over his head and sounded like Darth Vader. It's big enough, you could put some wheels on it and use it for a camper trailer. Maybe I'll just camp out in it for the freeboard challenged deal. It's probably almost as big as cyclone's trailer.
    Heck, put some furniture in it, and it could be an apartment for a family of vertically challenged people.
    I know I said I wanted a big huge obnoxious looking scoopie doo, but I believe I may have outdone myself this time.
    Tunnelram is done and it'll be going on this weekend (for the mostpart anyway). Intake swap and carbs for sure and I'll probably need to pick up some fittings n stuff. It turned out pretty good.............just took forever. Still waiting on my linkage. The carbs will mount sidesaddle, not inline like the picture.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...lishedcrop.jpg

blown428fe
    It looks good in the pic, are you going to paint to match?

cyclone
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Holy crap! This friggin thing didn't look that big in the Summit catalog! I mean yeah, I knew it was big, just not this big.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...9scoopoops.jpg
    My kid put it over his head and sounded like Darth Vader. It's big enough, you could put some wheels on it and use it for a camper trailer. Maybe I'll just camp out in it for the freeboard challenged deal. It's probably almost as big as cyclone's trailer.
    Heck, put some furniture in it, and it could be an apartment for a family of vertically challenged people.
    I know I said I wanted a big huge obnoxious looking scoopie doo, but I believe I may have outdone myself this time.
    suddenly my trailer looks much smaller.
    personally i think that scoop looks great. makes the boat look all pissed off. it probably added 50 hp. 100 hp if its a carbon fiber scoop.

The scoopy looks good but will look better when painted. Id worry about the position of the passenger seat unless you are taking a 8 foot tall chick with you, but then nobody would notice the big scoop so it would be a wash. :wink:
    F.J.

Heatseeker
    I'm with cyclone. I think it'll look bitchin all painted up.
    Run it!!!

Yeah, paint to match is the plan. Want to use both orange and yellow and carry the scallops on the side of the hull up to the scoop. I gotta tell ya though, I'm really debating. The big prostock scoops look kinda funny sitting on a little skinny tunnelram. They look much better on a blower motor. I wasn't real crazy about harwood's work either. It looks like the guy that laid it up, or blew it in or whatever went to sleep and put a double thickness of fiberglass on one side and so little on the other side, it's literally paper thin. If I'm gonna use it I have to glass in some brackets in order to bolt it to the pan anyway so I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal to lay a little more glass in that area.
    I don't know guys.............. It's friggin huge

hack job
    dan it looks good!
    just paint it like you said and it will look great!
    tunnel ram looks good too!

565edge
    Get ahold of tom papp.He has aguy that makes pans for that scoop.Just give him the dimensions and your center to center measurement in carbs.The pans are bitchen.The bottoms are stamped out like a dooley pan.

Thanks Edge, but I've got a plan and materials gathered up already. A buddy of mine runs a blown flattie and he's got a real neat, sturdy setup. Making a pan from 1/8" aluminum plate (I know, I know typical Dan overkill) it'll sit up high enough that I won't need to cut any reliefs in it for carb parts to clear, and I can get the bowls off for jetting without removing the pan etc.
    I'll post up some pics if anybody is interested in seeing it. Not trying to take business away from anybody, but I like to do stuff myself whenever possible.

Wildboats
    Tunnel ram looks SWEET, Nice job.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast