Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NWer's

1968Droptop
    What a busy last 3 days ! Chaser man had quad pratice on Wed., got home after 7PM. Spent most of Thurs. getting his quad ready for his FIRST real quad race. Then Friday, get new tires on the quad trailer (had a blow out last weekend on our way to Beverly), get loaded up and head out to the races. He did pretty damn good for his 1st race. You get 2 practices in before the racing begins. He was on his second practice run and got hit from the side, flipped the quad over and it landed on top of him. LOT's of tears for a minute or two, but no damage to him (WHEW), or the quad. He got back on it and after a minute of conseling from dad, rode again !!!! WHAT A TROOPER . When he got back in the pits after his crash, lots of other kids came up to him and asked if he was OK, VERY cool. He was asking mom if she saw his BIG crash as if it was the coolest thing ever :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: . He finished last in both of his heats, but more importantly he had fun !!! All the kids got little plaques for their efforts, man you'd think it's a 10' high trophy the way his face lit up when he got it, again VERY cool. Not too bad for a 4 year old boy riding an LT80 !!! He can't wait to go again.
    On a boat note, Tony ordered a 2-piece race prepped G bowl for his boat, should be here mid week. I ordered a full legth ride plate as well (Thanks JIM !!!). Can't wait to install 'em !!! My boat should ride WAAYYY better with a longer ride plate, and Tony's boat...welll you know :yuk: .

1978 Rogers
    I had to go to Greenwater to look at a house Friday. I was up there from 2-3. thought about stopping by, but didn't really remember how to get to your place

1968Droptop
    thought about stopping by, but didn't really remember how to get to your place
    Not surprising :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:, We would of been home, left our house at 2:45 to go racing.

Captain Assin' Off
    You've got a cool kid Chris, it helps to have fun dad too. Kids these days don't get out to experience life, like the old days.
    You're putting on a ride plate? I have to skin the Kitchen Island today, so when we have a get together here, at least it won't look like Jungle people built this place! We're making an attempt at time managment, so I can get the Blower motor done before Memorial, but we'll see. Speaking of time, it's already mid morning. I better go cut some wood...See you soon! :boxed:

1968Droptop
    You've got a cool kid Chris, it helps to have fun dad too. Kids these days don't get out to experience life, like the old days.
    You're putting on a ride plate? I have to skin the Kitchen Island today, so when we have a get together here, at least it won't look like Jungle people built this place! We're making an attempt at time managment, so I can get the Blower motor done before Memorial, but we'll see. Speaking of time, it's already mid morning. I better go cut some wood...See you soon! :boxed:
    Yeah Chase has got it made. I never had anything near what he's riding when I was young. Just an old mini bike w/a Brigg's 5hp in it, but sure had a LOT of fun with it !
    As for the kitchen project and the blower engine. Why not combine the 2 ? Cut up that old counter top to make room for the blower on top of it ? That would be PERFECT, you can work on it IN the house, and what a convo piece it would be :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:.

malcolm
    I'll bet you had at least as much fun as your kid on that old mini bike. All Chaser really wants is to do stuff with you.
    You better get some jet boat pics up in here soon or this thread's gonna get moved.

1968Droptop
    You better get some jet boat pics up in here soon or this thread's gonna get moved.
    Thanks for the hospitality last night Creg. A GREAT dinner, and we had a lot of fun. Your boat sure is in really good shape. And I can't wait to see that Brendella get wet again. We've got to figure out a better air cleaner, hopefully I'll know something about K&N's marine rating tomorrow. That thing will run better with more air and more fuel !
    P.S. Does that work mini-moderator

Konabud
    Anytime! I looked around today for K&N marine and found lots but they're all too tall. I found a couple of others that should work a lot better but I need to get my fuel pump first to see what I need for venting on the arrestor (if any) and then try to get some airflow specs on them.
    Livorsi (http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/flame...LAME_ARRESTORS)
    Trick Marine (http://www.trickmarine.net/productde...?productid=540)

1968Droptop
    and then try to get some airflow specs on them.
    Livorsi (http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/flame...LAME_ARRESTORS)
    Trick Marine (http://www.trickmarine.net/productde...?productid=540)
    Both of those look very similar to what you currently have. I wonder if they do indeed flow more than a stock sparky ? I'm intersted in what you find out.

malcolm
    P.S. Does that work mini-moderator
    Must have, it's still here. :boxed:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast