I am new to this, and was in awe about all the Tahiti info. I am an avid Havasu, parker, blythe riverrat, and My best friend and I own the only two Tahiti's i think i've ever seen out there. All i see now are the 38' rich knucklehead owned boats!
Old Rigger, i will get a pic of mine up but i have the original wood grain and orange metal flake, in mint condition gel. People either love or hate it, and i love it. Did you have anything to do with the design, construction of this hull? It is not a fast/well handling boat in rough water, but a great smooth water cruiser! Hangs in there with the new expensive jet boats of the same size.
My dad bought the boat brand new in 77, recently passed away, and i sold my little hondo for fixing this up. The boat means a lot to me, and i'll never sell it, or get rid of the 455 olds.
Did hardin marine just buy crate motors and bold on their aluminum plates? or did they do anything to the internals of the motor. I only had to replace a spun rod bearing a few years ago, and get the crank polished, but other than that it's a running fool!
my only mods are a late model marine alternator, Marine Weber carburator (edelbrock) 650 cfm. and a new mallory breakerless distributor that has given me nothing but headaches.
Anyone else out there with this same hull as mine? i've never seen one besides mine since i can remember.
Old rigger, what was the "skiff windshield" option offered by tahiti? I saw it in their old brochure.
Thank you guys for any info!