Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? for Old Rigger, and everyone.

Hey Cas,
    do you have the link or the pic of that old ad for Tahiti showing the model on the deck? The one spectra brent gave me. I bet tahitiboss21 would get a kick out of seeing that. That's the same boat that I have pics of in our driveway 33 or so years ago.

Heatseeker
    Is this the ad you're talking about OR:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ttifat-med.JPG
    I bet that ad sold alot of boats! Ooohhh baby!

Cas
    I think the Playboy bunny on the bow is an interesting addition

Ken F
    Hey Old Rigger, have you ever tried taking a digital photograph of a photo?
    Works pretty well, especially if you have a tripod to hold your camera. Might be an option other than a scanner
    Ken F

that's the one, thanks heater.
    Hey Ken, I did do that before for a few pics and you're right it worked great. Our digi camera broke a few months back and we haven't replaced it yet. I remember I took some pics of an early jet drive unit for someone and the pics came ou pretty good.
    Cas, do you remember the story behind that bunny? Spectra had a famous lay-out with playmates from Playboy in thier adds with (I think) the playboy bunny head on the boat. Schuster did his own tounge in cheek version just for fun. It's a classic.
    I can't believe how much that model remindes me of MiMi from the Drew Cary show.

rssfla
    My boat no longer has a hull id tag, prob lost when it was painted. I do have the title right here and its RVA18008M74I.
    The boat is undergoing a major makeover. The hull and the deck were separating from eachother so I have glassed the 2 back together. I have sanded much of the boat and it looks like it was a blue and purple metal flake. I will be taking some pics tomorrow if i make it by the body shop.

Cas
    rs,
    Your boat is a Rivera boat not a Tahiti. Tahiti's have an ID starting with TAH.
    Here's the info:
    Details for Manufacturer Identification Code RVA
    MIC: RVA Status: Out of Business
    Company: ALAN WEINSTEIN ASSOCIATES INC Company Official: WEINSTEIN, ALAN
    Parent Company: Parent MIC:
    Address: 7490 NW 42ND COURT City: LAUDERHILL
    State: FL Zip: 33319
    Fax: In Business: 3/6/1991 12:00:00 AM
    Out of Business: 4/5/2003 12:00:00 AM Date Modified: 5/29/2003 12:00:00 AM
    Type: ImportersInboards, Cabin Cruisers Additional Address: FACTORY: CANTIERI RIVA SpA 24067 SARNICO (BG) ITALY
    Comments: (RVA) WAS RIVERA BOAT DIV, OR FIBERGLASS INC; OOB 3/79. 930920 ROLLS ROYCE NO LONGER INVOLVED IN IMPORTING CANTIERI RIVA BOATS; CONTACT WAS WILLIAM P. KENNEDY, PO BOX 476, LYNDHURST NJ 07071 (201)460-9600. SEE ALSO (RYD). 990223 ADDRESS CHANGE; WAS 3341 NW 47TH TERR; LAUDERDALE LAKE FL 33319. 05/29/03 OOB PER RNI
    Here's the link to the info:
    http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=RVA

Cas
    OR,
    All I remember is basically what you've mentioned in the past. Don't forget, I think I'm older than you
    It is a classic ad!

rssfla
    ok Thats cool
    So my boat is a mfg = Riviera and the Model = Tahiti
    upon closer inspection of the title i do see that
    boy, you old guys are smart! ( being only 40 myself, i have alot or respect for the seniors!
    Thanks for the info, that makes one more thing that the guy I bought the boat from an untruth.

rssfla
    So now the trick is going to be to find some information on these boats. I've done a boat load of google searches - NUTTIN!
    What do you think guys?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast