Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ? for Old Rigger, and everyone.

Cas
    40 huh? you'll be getting to 48 sooner than you think
    I'd try calling that Alan Weinstein and Associates to see if you can find out any info there. That company might be an importer but they may also be able to tell you a bit more, could be a good starting point. The unfortunate part is it could be another dead end. Trying to find info on some of these old boats is real tough.
    If you're putting in Riviera, you're probably coming up with very little. Try putting in Rivera on Google, there's quite a bit on Rivera boats but nothing that I saw on a Rivera jet boat.

Mohavekid
    My parent's bought an 18' Riviera jet boat new in 1972.
    I doin't have a pic handy, but it was a splashed copy of the 18' Sea Ray. Lot's of freeboard, windshield and fold down back to back lounge type seats.
    It was built in Oregon and had a 455 Olds with a Berkeley 'E' pump. It ran and handled well, top speed was close to 60 MPH by speedo.

rssfla
    Well I found the coast guard tag today
    Mfg: Riviera Boats by
    Oregon Fiberglass, Inc
    Albany, Oregon 37321
    Model: 18008
    Max Hp 390 ( not if I have anything to say about it!)
    Max Persons 4
    Max Weight 1500
    Any info would be much appreciated. I'd love to find some original ads and such.

Originally posted by Cas
    OR,
    Don't forget, I think I'm older than you

Unfortunatly, I think I'm just little ahead of ya.......................lol
    Thoses Rivas that Alan Weinstein was importing from Italy are BIG dollar items. Beautiful wood cruisers back in the day, in fact I think they still offer a wood boat. 500,000 K, something like that.

INFINITEJJ
    Thank all you guys for the kind words. I know it's been a few days, but some of us do have to work, (j/k). I do believe my hull is a 19' mini cruiser. thanks again.
    OR,
    I love all the old stories, thank for the flashbacks / memories.
    CAS,
    Great loking boats, gotta love the Tahiti's.

Cas
    thanks JJ but the 19' boat is one of those boats that looks a lot better in pictures. At some point in it's life it was repainted with an automotive paint. On top of that, the hull wasn't really prepped right so there are a ton of little cracks all over it. There is also about a zillion "zits" on the the top and sides. Apparently it was sealed before the hull was really dried out. Once it got in the sun, the pockets of water boiled and turned to a gas causing the bubbled paint. Not sure if that's true but it sounded like a pretty good explanation to me.
    Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._paint-med.jpg

INFINITEJJ
    I think those are called asthmatic blisters, don't quote me on that. But i think it does come from the pour prep or water in the old type resin's/glass that were used.
    I STILL LOVE THE CLASSICS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234