Thread: Prop Question

Budget Baller
    Can you guys recommend a prop that will enable me to plane quickly so I can pull my son on a wakeboard? I have a DCB Mach 26 w/ 500HP. Currently has a 28p prop now. Thanks.

BoatFloating
    Logic would say go with the Bravo 1 26p 4 blade or even 24P but you will be up against the rev limter the rest of the day when not wakeboarding. It's going be tough to run at a wakeboard speed with a cat though

Three Days Only
    Another option, rather then losing top end would be trim tabs. They will help you get on plane with almost no bow rise, and enable you to stay on plane at much lower speeds. The downfall is the cost. A 26P prop is just going to give you more acceleration, it will not help get on plane any faster as mph is concerned, or help running at lower wakeboard speeds. I will just get you to your planing speed alittle quicker. I would check with dave regarding trim tabs, there might be other benefits for the boat also.

welk2party
    I have posed a similar question to Hill Proplellers. I have a 27 Fundeck with a 496HO that I would like to ski behind. I run a 22 or 24 4 blade. Hill's solution was to prop down to a 17 or 19p 4 blade.

FastTimmy
    Nitrous Oxide

dorC
    I had a old Mach 4 blade that would plane awesome. That prop was about 4-6" too low and it had a ton of cup beat into it. I lost about 20mph, but I could pull several skiers at once.
    Basically, you want low pitch, lots of blade area, lots of cup, and a big flair ring to help load the blades. Then hope that your x-dim isn't so high that it blows out.

gmocnik
    trim tabs is the answer for getting the cat to plane at slow speeds..
    but if you need a 26p four blade.....give me a call...i have what you need...
    gary

Rev. Williams
    Originally posted by gmocnik
    trim tabs is the answer for getting the cat to plane at slow speeds..
    but if you need a 26p four blade.....give me a call...i have what you need...
    gary
    Check your PM's