Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single plane or Dual ?

riverbound
    I am looking to buy a new manifold for my motor. I have heard different opinions and don't know which one is the best to go with and why. I have a 460 that is .030 over ,has a mild cam, logs for exhaust and a 700 double pumper.

victorfb
    with the little info you gave id recommend a duel plane. something like the performer rpm by edelbrock. it will help on the bottom end to get your boat on plane. you may also notice that you wont have to hold your foot into it as much while cruising.

I have a .030 over 460 in the Advantage. I converted the carb with a Proform carb body, secondary jet extensions and float. It supposedly flows around 835 now, and it DID make a seat of the pants difference. Last weekend I installed a Weiand Stealth, and will be testing it with GPS this weekend. I had a Stealth on my Tahiti, and was happy with it. Common consensus is the Stealth works very well in the middle and upper part of the power band. If my tach worked worth a damn, I'd be able to tell you what rpm increase I see.
    At least with the gps, I can start working with the pump setup.
    I'll post results next Tuesday night when I get back.

riverbound
    I am in the process of tearing down the motor for the rebuild now, So I will be asking a lot of questions. I want to do it right the first time.
    I don't know what the differences are between the different styles of intakes.

Duane HTP
    The Stealth or Edelbrock Performer both work well for the power band you will be running in. I prefer the Stealth on a Ford and Performer RPM on a Chevy. The open plenum manifolds work better on more radical engines that turn above 6000 rpm.

Shark In The Pond
    I run the Stealth on a BBC 468 10-1 ... good intakes .

Duane HTP
    Yes, they are good intakes.

Ken F
    Some Magazine, posibly Hot-Rod did an "intake-shootout" two or three years ago. On a 460, the Stealth was determined to be the best "all around" intake. Gave the best bottom end, best mid-range, and was within just a hair of the top of the five on top end. Because of this, I bought one, and have been very pleased with it. Huge torque increase over my old stocker, and very responsive throughout the entire powerband.
    I think if you go that route, you will be very happy with the results on your 460.
    Ken F

Jake W
    I ran a Stealth on my ford and liked it alot.I had a offey single tunnel ram after that looked cool but not so sure what the performance was with it.Now I am going to go with a Victer .And I hope mechanical injection on a tunnel ram next year we will see.
    Jake

Taylorman
    Originally posted by Jake W
    And I hope mechanical injection on a tunnel ram next year we will see.
    So i guess that picture i posted a while back struck a nerve with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast