Thread: Uneven fuel consumption from tanks

Bluefin
    On my 21' Howard with two 30 gal fuel tanks located left and right side, the draw between the tanks is not even. Last night I used 11 gal. on the left side and 2 gal on the right side.
    The lines are in good condition, about equal lengths that feed into a spin on fuel/water seperator. I can remove the AN fitting feeding the filter and easily blow air back into the tank. The only odd thing is when I drained the fuel from the right tank by siphon into a jerry can, I could see a stream of bubbles in the clear hose. While under way, there are no air bubbles in the see through filter just before the carbs. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks

Infomaniac
    I would make sure the pick up tube is not cracked or loose.
    Also vents not plugged.

berk
    mine does that too. i thought it was just luck of the draw.

Doug H.
    i had this same problem too, latter a friend told me he put my gas cap back on, i said "what do you mean back on" he said "it's been that way for the last few hours that we were cruising" so one tank was lower then the other, but maybe because one tank wasn't pressureized from the gas cap it pulled esier from the other ?
    also the vents can ack like this too ..

Chris J
    If you have vented caps its most likely the pressure/vacuum difference between the two tank. Swap caps and see if the problem follows the cap. If you have separate vent lines, Tee the lines togather before exiting the hull.