Thread: Bridge To Bridge Water Cross Racing

Chris Ayres
    The Sacramento B2B Waterfront Festival will be on July 21-23 this year and will feature a new format racing venue for jets. WATER CROSS RACING will feature two boats at a time on alternating dual courses in front of the 30,000 plus specators at this years event. This is a new form of racing designed to allow the average guy to show how he can make his boat handle and go. It is similar to auto-crossing but with dual courses like some forms of snow ski racing. Remember the olympic class with a similar structure? We expect this new racing format to be a huge crowd pleaser and a good fit with our Jet Boat Walls of water show. Helmets (full face suggested), race or CG approved jackets and kill switchs are required, there are no sanctioning fees and this year only there are no entry fees. This racing venue has no boat or personal insurance coverage and waivers are required. We expect the course layout to limit top speed to about 70, making driver skill a key factor. Two in the boat are required and jetevators can be used as both a performance enhancer and defensive driving tool if the course permits. We expect to build this class and format and already have other venues interested in our participation. Interested parties should contact Chris / Poker Runs West at 916-652-7022 or by email at chrisayres@sbcglobal.net.
    Thanks,
    Chris

El Prosecutor
    Two in the boat are required and jetevators can be used as both a performance enhancer and defensive driving tool if the course permits.
    This sounds like a great format! I think loosening up the rules like that will make it really fun for spectators.

Squirtin Thunder
    V-DRIVES & JETS INVITED TO BRIDGE TO BRIDGE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BRIDGE TO BRIDGE JULY 21-23 IN OLD SACRAMENTO will feature classic jets and v-drives on display and showing their stuff on the water.
    Drag boat demos will thunder and nostalgia racing will run its course in front of 30,000 spectators. A new format of parallel "water course racing" will thrill both participants and spectators alike. Contact Chris Ayres at www.pokerrunswest.com, chrisayres@sbcglobal.net or call 916-652-7022.

Moneypitt
    That was posted on April Fools day, right?................If this is for real, and you like that sort of "racing", then you better run this year, cause there won't be any "next time".................MP

billet racing
    A group of us participated in the Walls of Water last year, and will be doing it again this year.
    There will be a planning(party) meeting and safety(party) meeting at my place in Concord. The date is Sat. April 22nd. All participants and those who would like to join us are invited. Bring the kids too. There's plenty to entertain themselves with too. Lets hope the rain stops by then.
    for those who do not know, a safety meeting usually has food, drinks and a bonfire involved.
    Jerry

bergen
    i just moved to sacramento last year and missed last years show,
    i live very close to the bridges, like 6 min away i found a place to launch my boat last year that is very close to my house (miller park), will i be able to drive to the bridges on the water in my boat and watch the races or is that part of the river closed to non racing boats,
    ps. i dont know if you know this the cityof sacramento is now chargeing $8.00 to launch @ most ramps, used to be free
    thanks bergie