Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calgo Steering?

RC75Rogers
    I've restored my 75 Rogers.Currently re-rigging it.I was running a Morse rack &pinion.I just heard about a Calgo cable system.Aside from being pricey,does anybody know anything about this system???? Any help would be appreciated--Thanks

Highlimit9000
    I've restored my 75 Rogers.Currently re-rigging it.I was running a Morse rack &pinion.I just heard about a Calgo cable system.Aside from being pricey,does anybody know anything about this system???? Any help would be appreciated--Thanks
    Prime Marine just put one in my V-Drive. I have not used it yet. Mike says they are a good set-up. I have seen multiple varying opinions though on these boards...

Aduner2
    Used it on my Liberty boat. Very positive and easy to steer. Never had a problem with it, unlike a single cable system. Only problem at the time was I wanted to run a diverter and nobody made a tiller arm to do that.

moneysucker
    The name is cablesteer now and I have run it for 5 years. I ran it with adiverter as well, Modified (Slotted for the key way) the diverter. I will be installing it on my other boat as well.

MikeF
    Pretty much all Liberty's came w/ the Calgo steering. I have it on mine and it works real good. Although w/ the diverter that I have it is a little more effort put into the wheel to get it to turn (unlike the race nozzle that I removed to put the diverter on....it was like butter to move the wheel). Also, the steering ratio is quicker w/ the Calgo unit. I LIKE IT.

victorfb
    from what i understand, calgo offers a jet version and a V-drive version. ratios are differant. ive seen alot of drag boats with the calgo, but have not seen many lake/river runners with it. how does it work for this application?

cyclone
    Once its set up correctly the only real maintenance is re-greasing the cables every once in awhile and making sure they are adjusted tight. Just did mine a few weeks back.

victorfb
    with that said, and the fact that they are rebuildable, i would imagine its a very long lasting system. one of those: "pay now, save money in the long run" type of deals.

DirtySquirty
    Yes...Liberty Boats all came with Calgo dual cable steering. They work fine with the diverter but it does get a bit tight to turn. Keep them lubed up. They seem to make a mess on the bowl at times with the extra spooge getting all over. Great steering system!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast