Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell Gives A Little Back

DEEZ NUTTS
    Last year at the end of july my dumb ass friend hucks his new virgin box anchor into the lake without a rope. We are all still laughing at him for this. It was in 30' or so of water and none of us could see to dive for it.
    Yesterday for the first Powell trip we went to the same spot and found the damn thing in about 5' of water. He got his brand new box anchor back. It has been under water for almost a year, had crap growing on it and folded up suprisingly easy.
    For all those worried about the water level, dont be. Yeah its low but, Powell is one big assed lake.

Kachina26
    That's too much.

hd&boatrider
    I did that one time....felt like a friggin' fool and tried to play it off....lol

MudPumper
    My buddy did that at Buena Vista. The rope was on the anchor but he never tied the knot. He was standing there staring at the rope in his hand like WTF just happened. We were crying from laughing so hard. Luckily BV is only 6' deep and he got it back.

RiverPirate
    That is some funny shit. I've seen it happen once in Steamboat. The look on the guys face was priceless. Steamboat is a little deep for the recovery effort though.

Kachina26
    I'm starting to think the list of those who haven't done this would be shorter. Count me in on the long list, got mine back though.

RiverPirate
    Kind of like dinging a prop or ruining an out drive. Sooner or later your going to experience it.

fourspeednup
    That's a pretty cool story, never lost an anchor myself....but hopefully I'll have many more years of boating and thus more opportunities to look like a retard

beer hunter
    That's great news about your buddies anchor, I need to get back to Powell before it gets much lower.

FRENCHIE
    looks like i will have something to look foward to after taking delivery!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast