Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell Gives A Little Back

Garrddogg
    I've donated a couple to the lake, also had one stolen a couple times chased em down and caught em once too,rentals! they said they thought it "floated" up next to my coolers I couldnt believe it myself (even a week old $150. pair of Oakley's):eek!:

summerlove
    Been there, done that!
    On Lake Mead, threw my 1st "new" box anchor out, line was tied and all. Boat held for a couple of hours in a pretty stiff wind. When we went to leave, pulled the line and the dummy that tied it to the anchor (ME!) didn't do a very good job and all i got was rope! My 2nd "new" box anchor has a hell of a knot on it now....
    BTW, looking forward to our annual trip to Powell in July...

MudPumper
    Speaking of the lake giving something back, we were at Meade last Sept when the water was about 80'low and over near the east entrance to the narrows I found a flat bottom just on the waters edge, upside down half burried in the sand. Dont know what kind it was but it had a motor and all the drive line in it. It made me sad

coolchange
    I'd like to thank all of you for your anchor donations.
    First thing I used to do on Friday at the river was dive the anchor line ( area where most toss thier anchors) and get the donations. Then put'em in a box w/sign ANCHORS 10.00. Kept me in beer the weekend

91nordic29
    Originally posted by MudPumper
    My buddy did that at Buena Vista. The rope was on the anchor but he never tied the knot. He was standing there staring at the rope in his hand like WTF just happened. We were crying from laughing so hard. Luckily BV is only 6' deep and he got it back.
    my hubby was goofin' off towards our friends in another boat and when he threw the anchor, he was making a vulgar gesture as the rope went thorugh his hands, and when the end of the rope came, it just kept going. he never does anything like that so it made it even funnier! just seeing that rope wriggling in the water until it disappeared and the look on his face...

eliminatedsprinter
    I haven't pulled that trick yet, but I do remember loading up my boat with my friends, getting pushed off from shore, then remebering my boat keys were in my bag on the picnic table as we drifted out into the lake..

Debbolas
    Originally posted by summerlove
    Been there, done that!
    On Lake Mead, threw my 1st "new" box anchor out, line was tied and all. Boat held for a couple of hours in a pretty stiff wind. When we went to leave, pulled the line and the dummy that tied it to the anchor (ME!) didn't do a very good job and all i got was rope! My 2nd "new" box anchor has a hell of a knot on it now....
    BTW, looking forward to our annual trip to Powell in July...
    NO WAY!
    We are going there in JULY!
    LOL

77charger
    I guess i aint the only one to throw an anchor without rope.I did this at parker i happen to take my scuba gear too.Well i got the gear out went under and found it.Boater bill has pics to prove it
    When diving in the ocean i see anchors all the time most are bigger type but i plan on getting a liftbag to bring them up.They will make one hell of a camp anchor theni can take the smaller one in the boat

Outnumbered
    A few house boat trips ago a good friend of mine lost his Rolex at Powell in about 500 ft of water. We always thought it would be funny if some big-ass fish ate it on the way to the bottom and then some lucky SOB fisherman cuts open this fish and finds a Rolie.
    OL

In2Deep
    I'll give you GPS coords where I dumped a new pair of RayBans.
    Maybe you'll find those too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast