Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone been on a cruise to the carribean?

AZmike
    The girlfriend is trying to plan a carribean cruise for 7 days but we can't decide bewteen the western or eastern carribean. The eastern is San Juan, St maarten, St thomas and St john. The western is Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. Anyone have any input on these spots? Which cruise is better?
    I told her 7 days crusing on the ole eliminator would be a quality vacation but she's not having it..
    Thanks for the help
    Mike

Rvr2Bch
    Originally posted by AZmike
    The girlfriend is trying to plan a carribean cruise for 7 days but we can't decide bewteen the western or eastern carribean. The eastern is San Juan, St maarten, St thomas and St john. The western is Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. Anyone have any input on these spots? Which cruise is better?
    I told her 7 days crusing on the ole eliminator would be a quality vacation but she's not having it..
    Thanks for the help
    Mike
    Mike,
    I have only been to the Bahamas and Mexico on a Cruise, so I can't give you first hand info. I do know that you have to decide what you want out of the cruise. I believe that a lot of the Western Carib cruises have more time on the ship, versus the Eastern which stop almost every day. If you do an Eastern Carib, most of the Cruise lines will stop for a day at their own private island. That can be nice. I just helped some friends book a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral that goes to the Eastern Carib on Royal Caribbean and they got a pretty good deal on it. If I had the choice, I'd do the Eastern Carib.
    -Rvr2Bch

Infomaniac
    Western !!
    Much more diverse destinations.
    Grand Caymen is beautiful and no Poverty. Contrast from Mexico.
    Virgin islands are rude people.

Scream
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Virgin islands are rude people.
    Probably cause they haven't been laid yet!!!
    My wife's parents go all the time, have done both. Just got back from the Western, Cozumel, etc and loved it. Regardless of where you go you'll probably have a good time, although this is not from personal experience, I consider a trip to Phoenix exotic.

Debbolas
    Originally posted by AZmike
    Thanks for the help
    Mike
    We've never been on a cruise. My parents go all the time and "bug" us about going. I would love to, but we are "set up" for the river and camping....and I really like doing that. This is the first year we have hotel boated, and that seems so cool to me!!
    I don't know if I would like it on a big old boat, and then , well you know how you know the good spots and bad spots at the river? What if you get stuck at a "bad" island....
    I am happy with our vacations, I would like to go more often....
    Maybe we will go on a cruise someday.....but for now I am happy with the river.................

Mandelon
    I've only been on the Pirates of the Carribean. :frown:

Debbolas
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    I've only been on the Pirates of the Carribean. :frown:
    IMO
    you should stay off cruise boats, what if they don't cook their chicken properly and you always see all those sick folk, stranded on those cruise lines..............lol

Kilrtoy
    Done the western, It can be a party cruise or just relaxing.
    Have not done the eastern, have friends that have and they said it is a relaxing cruise. Everyone says the western is better,
    now if you want to do a better cruise, do the southern....
    Which cruise line.....

SoCalOffshore
    I have done each more than once. Depends on what you want to do. I enjoy the WEstern cause it has better scuba and Cozumel is a partying place. St Thomas is a place for shopping and San Juan is ok.

572Daytona
    I've never been on a cruise but I've been to St. Thomas, St. Johns, Cozumel and St. Maarten as well as other destinations in the Caribbean. St. Maarten is by far and away our favorite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast