Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know "Dana" vs "Commander"

$olution$
    I'm in the market for a 23' custom to use at lake Mead & Mojave. I've narrowed my choices to Dana's 23 and Commander's 23. I would like any opinions about either of these boats... to be used for cruising, skiing, and wakeboarding. Quality of construction, ride, and customer service are very important to me. I would appreciate any input.
    Thanks a lot!!!............$olution$

FRENCHIE
    Ya might want to p.m. Thatjeffguy, for some Commander input adn about 1000 others on the boards!:yuk:

BoatFloating
    I think you can make your choice based on this. READ HERE (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=46423)

Kachina26
    Originally posted by $olution$
    I'm in the market for a 23' custom to use at lake Mead & Mojave. I've narrowed my choices to Dana's 23 and Commander's 23. I would like any opinions about either of these boats... to be used for cruising, skiing, and wakeboarding. Quality of construction, ride, and customer service are very important to me. I would appreciate any input.
    Thanks a lot!!!............$olution$
    I question the validity of this post, I think it's the beginnings of a popcorn fest However if you are serious you may want to take into account that Commander has filed for BK. READ READ READ, then buy. PM Chump Change or OGshocker about Dana if they don't post.

silver surfer
    Hey Wayne,
    Don't buy the Commander. Too much shit going on with their company. Buy Howard, Schiada,Hallett. Remember the old fram oil filter commercial,pay now or pay later? Oh yeah, you taught me that..trust the force Luke. Just say no to Commander. And you have even rode in mine.
    Greg

cc322
    You forgot to mention LAVEY

Garrddogg
    OH BOY

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by cc322
    You forgot to mention LAVEY
    I've heard good things about them!
    RTJas

jbtrailerjim
    I'm thinking if I was choosing between the two; I'd definitely pick the Dana. I looked at Dana when I was shopping last summer and they build a nice boat. Tom (the owner) seemed like a helluva nice guy too. Took the time to tell me all about there boat's and took me around the shop and showed me some boat's he had in process. After all the stuff that has been written about Commander here lately from unhappy customer's. There's not a chance in hell I'd buy a Commander. Just curious who else did you look at?

$olution$
    Thanks for your input. This forum has been very enlightening. As for other boats... I love the Hallett and the Howard in this size range, but having a hard time justifying the price... compared to the Dana. Also, the Dana is built only 15 minutes from my home. I like the convenience and I agree Tom and Bob seem to be great guys with a good story. Do you have any other suggestions based on my criteria posted?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast