Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know "Dana" vs "Commander"

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by $olution$
    Do you have any other suggestions based on my criteria posted?
    Have you checked out Ultra? They have a few diiferent model's in that size range Check out there 23XS, 24 Stealth, & 247XS models. I have the 247XS and love it. You couldn't ask for nicer people than the guy's at Ultra. There are a lot of happy Ultra owner's here on the board's.

CAHotRodBoy
    Lots of good deals on used boats. You can save a ton of $$$.

SoCalOffshore
    Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
    Lots of good deals on used boats. You can save a ton of $$$.
    Indeed, I think you could pick up a used Commander for quite a steal.

THATJEFFGUY
    Hey $olution$...go with the Dana !! Commander Boats will just take your moeny, but they won't be around long enough to get the boat built !! You don't wanna even consider one of their shitboxes anyway..trust me !! They'd probably give you a helluva deal on a "brand new" boat though...like one of those boats that were <cough> stolen <cough> from their yard last year, and probably re-HIN'd by now ! Do you wanna hear some of my experiences with Commander, or just wait for my book to come out in a few months ??

Mandelon
    Between those two, (and you are leaving out some that are worth looking at) I would go with the Dana. You get solid power as a base motor, and a lot of extras that Commander would probably want more $$$ for.
    The resale may suffer a bit just because of the lack of knowledge about them, but that will surely change over the next few years as they get bigger and more popular. Their prices will likely rise from the values they are giving now.
    From what I've seen and heard Dana is the right choice between them.

twistedpair
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    Indeed, I think you could pick up a used Commander for quite a steal.
    And if ya ask real nice, I hear they can even change the hull ID for ya!

HighRoller
    I'd say even if Commander WANTED to build you a new boat, they're most likely paying cash only on all their parts right now so you're stuff won't get ordered until another 5 schlubs order a boat behind you. Then you're money will be buying parts for somebody else's boat and you can kiss it goodbye.

Hakuna Matata
    Have you possibly considered DOMIN8TOR, Dory builds a real real nice 23 foot boat ,nice cats too.....909-931-3268

little rowe boat
    Stay away from Commander,some people on the boards have had some probs with them.Go with Dana,a solid boat.

shadow
    does Domin8tor have a website?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast